Need help understanding your bill?
Rrhunt's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 3:48 AM

Why am I being charged for messaging on top of group text?

I am being charged for group messenging while having unlimited texts. The messages appear on the bill as international or minute equivalent to something and I have not messaged out of country! If anyone knows what's causing this please let now know. Thank you 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

That should be the only way you'd be charged, unless of course you don't really have the unlimited texting plan you've mentioned.

If you look over your paper bill (you see a scanned copy of your paper bills online too), if there's usage, it should show something like

eg

Data Roaming

Text Messages @ $0.25   32 messages   $4.00

-Alex

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

Does your phone keep a history of text messages that you sent out?  If so, then you could try to retrieve the history and look at which of the numbers you sent the group text out to may be the culprit.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Group messaging just tends to show up as seperate texts to each person, for the purposes of billing.

If you can look over your messaging logs on the bill, you can probably figure which of your friends doesnt have a US number.

-Alex

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

So there's no other way for being charged for this? It has to be from one of my friends having an out of country number?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Is there any way to see the specific numbers that the messages were sent to to prevent future charges if this were the case?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.