For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bigelarkin's profile

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

Monday, February 10th, 2014 12:42 AM

Which is better 2 year agreement or AT&T Next 12 or 18

I currently have a plan of the Nation 450 for $39.99, then the Data Unlimited for the iPhone 4s, and  unlimited Tex and messaging.  and I'm currently on a 2 year agreement.

Which is better 2 year agreement or  AT&T Next 12 or 18

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@bigelarkin wrote:

I currently have a plan of the Nation 450 for $39.99, then the Data Unlimited for the iPhone 4s, and  unlimited Tex and messaging.  and I'm currently on a 2 year agreement.

Which is better 2 year agreement or  AT&T Next 12 or 18

Ultimately, if you are contemplating between signing another two year contract or choosing to upgrade with the Next program, I would base my decision on how often you desire to upgrade your phone. If you prefer to have a new device every year and provided you have the necessary funds to support a yearly upgrade, then the Next program is a great option. However, if you are fine with using a device for 1.5-2 years (which most iPhones usually last that long if not longer), then it may be best to stick with a two year contract. I'm not exactly sure how warranty/insurance claims are handled on the Next program, so that's something to keep in mind if God forbid something ever happens to your phone. 

Another thing to point out is that there are no early termination fees associated with the Next program, unlike with a contract. Should you ever decide to cancel your service, you would just have to pay off the rest of the installment plan you owe on the device only. If the device is already paid in full, you can choose to walk away without any penalties. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.