Need help understanding your bill?
fundles's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, August 4th, 2017 12:26 AM

Where to Get a Copy of the Return Label on a Replacement Phone??????

On July 8, I mailed out a defective phone using the prepaid shipping label At&t sent me via snail mail.  The phone never made it back to AT&T and now I am being charged $600 for the phone.  On that prepaid label there are 2 bar codes.  One is scanned by the post office and one is scanned by the pick up company Ontrac*.  The paperwork that i kept only has the Ontrac tracking number which leads to nowhere.  My local post office told me to try to get a copy of the return label to find the USPS tracking info to prove that the item was dropped off and scanned by USPS.  Since I did not get a receipt when I handed the box with the phone in it over to the clerk at the post office, I am in trouble here.  I have talked on the phone with AT&T for an hour today and was bounced around to different departments 5 -6 times and no one can give me an answer.  Who can I talk to so i can retrieve a copy of the return label????

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@fundles WHHHYYYYYYYYY did you not get a receipt?

Ontrac appears to be a new company for shipping, so I'm not sure what to suggest. Did the label have the words "SmartLabel" on it?

@lizdance40 Have you seen anything about OnTrac before?

Or are they just a local southwestern carrier that handles SmartLabel/Newgistics? https://www.ontrac.com

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

As a owner of a company that deals with hundreds of orders and shipments a year, I usually don't wait in the long lines and just drop my packages off at the counter right under the big sign that says "package drop off."  I also know some of the workers in there and never had an issue before.  You live and learn I guess.

Yes the label does say Smart Label but Ontrac is the carrier.  My post office thinks Ontrac might be at fault here, but until I get a copy of the original receipt to show that the post office scanned in the package, I don't know what else to do.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Call me careful, but I mail out eBay sales items regularly and always get a counter receipt.  I have a file, noted which item mailed on each one.  Only after I'm sure the item was received do I toss receipts.  It is also included with the directions for. ATT to get a counter receipt.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@fundles Have you tried just calling Ontrac? (You'll get farther than calling AT&T!)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Ontrac just tells me the tracking leads to nothing.  No one scanned the package and that is all they can help me with.  I just need the USPS tracking info on that label.  No one seems to know how to have access to it.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@fundles I meant asking OnTrac the tracking number,  it's their paperwork, (right?) didn't they issue it?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.