For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
hines86fan's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Sunday, November 26th, 2017 4:25 AM

Where are access fees listed

Where on the ATT are the line access fees listed? Recently I used the Chat feature to ask a question about dropping my 4th line down to just 3. I had an old 15gb shared plan that provided a $25 credit towards each lines $40 access fee netting a $15 fee per line. The online rep switched me to a 20gb plan which was to be $20 a month cheaper. This plan cost me $112 each month because the access fees went to a straight $40 per month, no more $25x4 credits. Can't find this info anywhere on site

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

ACE - ExpertN

ov 26, 2017 7:17 PM

Re: Where are access fees listed

@hines86fan IMEI would have nothing to do with that (from the 20k posts I've seen).

Did you look for the CSS page?

Regardless, I'd message @ATTMobilityCare and see what they have to say. Include all your information (account and contact, etc.)

The CSS page was unremarkable.  Failed to listed details of the plan, unless there is another more descriptive listing somewhere.  Thanks for the info for ATTMobilityCare.  

I spent an hour and 16 minutes on the phone this afternoon.  Ultimately the CSR advised she was placing a case in the system for the 3 line at $25 for credit.  We will see.

ACE - Expert

Nov 26, 2017 7:28 PM

@hines86fan   Re the GS7:   Has it ever been replaced?  Insurance it warranty?   The response you got was typical if the phone was never registered in the ATT system.  It happens most often when an identicle phone is replaced on the line but the new IMEI never registers.  

I have no idea on this issue, I bought the S7 and an I7 on the same day at Sam's Club Thanksgiving weekend 2016.  Never had any issues with the phone, never had it replaced or serviced.  It's a quizzer.  Can't help but think that may the IMEI glitch may be related to the dropped credits when the plan was changed last month.

ACE - Expert

Nov 26, 2017 6:36 PM

Regardless of the plan change, the only reason to be paying a $40 access fee is if the line is under a 2 year contract which your lines obviously are not. If you got changed to another Mobile Share Value plan, your line fees should still be $15. Contact @ATTCares via private message. You should still be getting that $25 discount on each line.

Thanks for your insight as well, in light of all your assurances I feel certain that I should have continued to receive these access credits as with my previous MSV plan.  What's disheartening is that none of the CSRs have taken up the issue to find out what the real problem is.  I'll wait and see if I get the credits for the billing cycle that closed on the 16th.  But, no doubt I'll have to contact either @ATTMobilityCare or @ATTCares to troubleshoot the device unlock issue at a latter date.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@hines86fan

Let us us know what happens.  Cases are slow to resolve.  Fingers crossed.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

I did receive a series of credits to offset the overcharged amounts, so that was made whole.  Though interestingly enough two of my three remaining lines remain unable to be unlocked. The two being an older Iphone 6 and the other a one year old S7. Not sure what gives there as they are both paid off.  I did send a private message to @ATTHelp on 11/27 but have yet to receive a response.  Albeit, now I get a message when I try to unlock these phones that they are not eligible to be unlocked. But no reason as to why...

A mystery of life...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@hines86fan

If you you want to press the issue, call 611 and ask for advanced tech support.  Explain the error in denial.  Go through the history of each phone, which may include enough information to verify it is eligible for unlock. I’ve been through this with one of my iPhones.  

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, it may come to that. For now I'm once again satisfied with my
monthly plan. I dropped down to a 6gb plan for the three lines for ~$100 a
month. We'll see how that pans out.
I must say it does irk me that their system doesn't work as it should and
that I have to call in (repeatedly) to get things straightened out.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@hines86fan

Agreed.  This isn’t in compliance with the agreement with CTIA.  Only so long before it becomes a  issue the FCC will fine them for 

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

So I little follow up. I just got off the phone with a very nice and patient tech representative who relayed info back and forth with some other apparently more technical stall.  I am to take my phone into an ATT retail store where, in theory, they will install a new SIM which will then allow the phone to be processed for an unlock request.  The reason given was that the phone was purchased at a Sam's Club rather than through ATT.  Strange that my Iphone unlock request went through and I purchased it at the same date time and place.  We shall see...   BTW I never did get any response from my PM to ATTCares on the unlock request

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@hines86fan

(Sigh). Horse manure.  SIM card has nothing to do with unlocking a phone.  

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

So I went to the ATT retail store as directed. They had no idea what to
make of the situation. My previous conversation with the service rep made
no sense to them. They were unaware of any unlock SIM. This not being able
to get a straight answer is so frustrating.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.