For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
tahner1189's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 7:04 PM

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

So I was told I would get a buy one get one on my phone. Get iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and was told I could get a 25 dollar credit per month to pay for another phone as long as I paid a $20 extra line fee. Get my first bill and the extra line is more than 30 dollars 25 dollar setup fees (which I can understand) and still charging me for the other iPhone 6s 16 gb that was supposed to be free. I go to a branch to return them both and say I have to pay a restocking fee. I would love if this could be fixed.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@tominator55 wrote:
Tips Pro news sent me a preview of Apple's new add campaign coming out soon, trying to sway other phone owners by telling them iPhone is more secure, has faster processors, geared toward music, & data transfer... so why would anyone want an inferior phone...
This should be a hoot!!!

yeah the CVE tracker says otherwise to apples claim.....  They dont fix stuff like they should period.

http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list.php?vendor_id=49&product_id=15556&version_id=&page=4&hasexp=0&opdos=0&opec=0&opov=0&opcsrf=0&opgpriv=0&opsqli=0&opxss=0&opdirt=0&opmemc=0&ophttprs=0&opbyp=0&opfileinc=0&opginf=0&cvssscoremin=0&cvssscoremax=0&year=2017&month=0&cweid=0&order=1&trc=194&sha=487407a5d678334e754629428d4592fa93ad6bc4

Google had less CVE's than apple has had.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tominator55

Not buying it,  the most recent and best known phone hacks were on iPhone.  About 2 years ago texting a simple series of characters crashed the iPhone.  Took Apple a couple weeks to fix it.  Meanwhile the media published the information and kids took pleasure in crashing each other's phones.  

Android has such varied OS, I would think it harder to create a hack or bug.

Now if we are talking windows -vs- Apple PC.....

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

You mean thru Asurion, my wife got a broke 5s when 5c crapped out... they didn't take too long to get a replacement out.
But then told us our insurance might be drying up, & might cost more for similar coverage...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tominator55   Insurance has nothing to do with this.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Yeah, Android is open-source... right. Probably good & bad there; but at least there would be inconsisten

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Roger-that...

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I fell for the buy one get one free promotion in December, 2016.  I am still struggling to get AT&T to start issuing me my credits after 5 payments.  I will never accept such an offer from AT&T again.  As a matter of fact, the first opportunity I get I am considering changing to another carrier because of the ridiculous situation I am in with this and can't get it resolved.  I have talked to the store manager multiple times who is suppose to be working on getting it straightened out.  I am on my second "case" AT&T has supposedly opened up.  The first one I was told was "entered incorrectly", so it was not opened.  Now, I have been waiting on the results of the second case that was opened 5/22/17.  I have not heard anything since.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

baileybrady  The December Bogo required you to add a new line of service to AT&T and buy a qualifying phone on installments, for a free phone.  Did you?  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Nope... thanks for the update!! Are there known problems w/ the iPhone 6+??
They're offering that now for BOGO upgrade...
Thanx,
tominator55

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Th iPhone 6/6+ is offered on the Gophone page for about $350.  It is not sold as a BOGO and BOGO are not as upgrade, there is always a catch.  Where did you see the offer you mention?  Post it

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.