Need help understanding your bill?
tahner1189's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 7:04 PM

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

So I was told I would get a buy one get one on my phone. Get iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and was told I could get a 25 dollar credit per month to pay for another phone as long as I paid a $20 extra line fee. Get my first bill and the extra line is more than 30 dollars 25 dollar setup fees (which I can understand) and still charging me for the other iPhone 6s 16 gb that was supposed to be free. I go to a branch to return them both and say I have to pay a restocking fee. I would love if this could be fixed.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

So where should I begin?  Let's see, I have been a customer with AT&T wireless since 1996.  Currently, in addition to Directv, I have 4 cell phone lines under one plan with AT&T,  The nightmares began when AT&T bought Directv.  Combine your bills they said?  What a fiasco that was for 6 months as AT&T tried for 6 months to do so but then said they could not for various reasons.  Lets see, some cust reps said it was because my Directv bill was billed via Verizon on my home FIOS account and others said it was because I had a FAN account.  So, after my account number being changed to a UNIFIED bill with directv, they un-unified it.  Each time, creating a billing nightmare with a new account number. During this period, I was unable to see my bills on-line, yet AT&T could not understand why I was not paying them.  You cant pay what you cannot see.

Fastforward to December when I added a new line under the "BOGO" program.  It's now April and I have still yet to receive a credit on my monthly bill for the free line.  I called in January and was told I would get a cumulative credit (for three months) on my March bill. In March, when there was no credit, I was told  I would get it in April and it would not be cumulative and now in April, I am being told Best Buy messed up and put me on a NEXT 24 month plan instead of the 28 or 30 month plan.  Seriously???  They are blaming BB.  Why didn't AT&T know this when I called in January?  Did Best Buy mess up the 6 month combined billing fiasco too??  

I must ask, is this how you treat a customer after 20 years?  Quite honestly, I am ready to cancel all my lines and go to Verizon and get the 3 (not 4) lines that I actually need.  

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.  

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am very displeased with the service I recieved with the bogo offer. Everything was going fine until there was an issue with the credit being applied. I paid my bill as I usually do(the friday of the week I get paid) but this time I was told that the bogo was null and void. Now in the contract I signed, it does state that the bill must be in good standing for the first three months but there is nothing that states if it's nit paid on or before the due date, ot cancels! Do not get the bogo offer unless everything is fully explained! I am now stuck with a phone I dont need simply because I was attracted to the word "free"

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@smicon Next 24 is not 24 months, the plan payoff is 30 months.

The names is Next 24 because you are allowed to trade in at 24 months and you do not have to pay the last 6 months IF you are willing to surrender your phone, else you can pay off the rest and keep the phone.

It's 28 months if you make a down payment (but you can trade in at 12 months).

See https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009300

(Next 18 is actually 24 months. Could that BE any more confusing...)

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been having the same issues with the BOGO and have been promised numerous times it would be fixed  and my account would be credited. I have made a total of 3-5 calls with no resolution. I have been an AT&T customer for at least 10 years or longer and I just added UVerse TV and Internet. Looks like I will be cancelling all my services with AT&T. They promise to fix the issue and then never follow thru. I have had numerous AT&T support state that I am due a credit and promise to get it fixed and that it will take 24-72 hours and it has yet to be resolved.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

We went to Best Buy in December 2015. We were told that we could buy 6 iPhone 6s , but only have to pay for 3 of them. We added a line and upgraded one. We were told that by the 5th month our bill would drop to 250 a month by Best Buy . Best Buy or AT&T will not honor the original deal, and are making us pay for all phones. I can't not find where Best Buy offered this . Never again!! AT&T said its Best Buy fault , they have to make it right Back and forth --bull crap!!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

It wasn't the bogo promotion!!!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

It was offered by Best Buy through AT&T The bogo promotion only allowed it by upgrade and adding a line for each free phone

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

We are done with AT&T when the phones are paid for We have been with them for 15 years or more No more lies

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Donnamiller

@Donnamiller wrote:
It was offered by Best Buy through AT&T The bogo promotion only allowed it by upgrade and adding a line for each free phone

Well was it or wasn't it?   Even you can get the straight for posting on here.   

If you purchased at Best Buy and they missrepredented the offer, why is it ATTs fault?   Your complaint needs to be addressed to Best Buy.  They get all the details of all the promotions from all the carriers, and fill out the paperwork.  They only had the right to provide one free phone for each new line if you bought a full price phone on an existing line.  The free phone had to be on Next 24, 30 month installments.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I too participated in the BOGO in Dec 2015...  Credits never came after 3 billing cycles.  Store personnel contacted customer service on my behalf, and received answer that credit would come the next billing cycle.  No improvements, so I returned to store and this time the cooperation level decilined with a claim that the devices were not listed in the store inventory sheet.  I then personally inquired with customer service who informed that a resolution will take place in 1-2 billing cycles.  Again no improvement nor update from customer service.  Subsequent inquiries resulted in similar delay tactics, until finally on 21Jul2016 after no changes in installment payments for 7 months, a customer service rep determined that the devices purchased were not eligible.  Only problem is that at the time of activation back in Dec 2015, ATT had confirmed that the devices were eligible.  Otherwise I would not have participated.  All in all, it appears BOGO is a scam to entrap customer into a long-term commitment (30-month) to pay full price for products and services under the disguise of buy-1 get-1-free, with no intention to honor the promotion benefits by changing the terms after a long period of time when promotion info and details are no longer available to the general public.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.