Explore & discover

Helpful Links

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

Highlighted

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

So I was told I would get a buy one get one on my phone. Get iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and was told I could get a 25 dollar credit per month to pay for another phone as long as I paid a $20 extra line fee. Get my first bill and the extra line is more than 30 dollars 25 dollar setup fees (which I can understand) and still charging me for the other iPhone 6s 16 gb that was supposed to be free. I go to a branch to return them both and say I have to pay a restocking fee. I would love if this could be fixed.

Message 1 of 98
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by tahner1189
‎01-17-2016 5:52 PM

Re: Don't get buy one get one credit and salesmen lie!

Hi there @tahner1189

Here are the requirements for Apple BOGO promotion:

• The free device is iPhone 6s 16GB. Other devices will have the $650 applied towards total purchase price.
  • Requires purchase on either AT&T Next 24 or AT&T Next w/down payment.
  • This 2nd (or additional) line will receive monthly bill credits over 28 or 30 months equal to $650.
  • AT&T Next 24 will receive credits of $21.67 over 30 months ($650).
  • AT&T Next w/down payment will receive credits of $23.22 over 28 months ($650).

• Monthly bill credits will begin to appear on your account within 2-3 bill cycles.
  • Must remain active and in good standing for the life of the AT&T Next agreement in order to continue to receive bill credits. If the you upgrade with trade-in, pay off/pay up, credits may cease.

It's possible that the monthly credits for you extra line have simply not kicked in yet.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Michelle

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 98
ACE - Sage

There is nothing wrong, you just didn't read the terms of the promo.  Starting 2 months or 2-3 billing periods, you will see a credit for the 16 GBs phone on your account.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 98

Wasn't aware I had to wait! Glad I could figure that out. Thank you
Message 4 of 98
ACE - Sage

The terms of the promotion were available online, at the time the promotion was offered.

As an employee, you had access, and were given the promo terms.

image.jpeg

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 98
ACE - Expert

@dh459n wrote:

This is RIDICULOUS!! Thats not Buy One Get One Free!! Thats Buy One Pay for the other for a couple months THEN get it FREE!!!

As an employee i am outraged by the lack of information, as well as the inability of our staff to explain a promotion properly!

@dh459n

the phone is free you just have to pay for it for 2 months then you get credited back for those 2 months.

Message 6 of 98
Tutor

Re: When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

I just received my 4th bill --4th billing cycle-- since I opted for the BOGO iPhone at Christmas for my son, and there's still no credit on my bill!! I am still being charged the installment plan for both phones.

I think this promotion is misleading, and I am planning to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if it's not resoved this cycle. 

Message 7 of 98

Same here... this is so frustrating! ive been calling them to remove the fee but they always say the credit will be reflected next month. its always been next month. i got mine december also.

Message 8 of 98
Community Support

We’d be more than happy to look into these missing credits for you. Please send us a private message by clicking here and include your full name and a good contact number where we can reach you so we can resolve this for you!

We look forward to working with you!
-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 98
ACE - Sage

@applelicious

@rehillo

You will still be charged for both phones for 30 months.  Please read the above copy of the promotion.  You should get a credit against the new line for the amount off the installments each month.

If you bought during the BOGO and met all requirements, then contact support to fix it.

Message 10 of 98
Mentor

same here.  and today, after 4 months they said i am not entitled to it because my NEXT plan is 24 months and not 28 or 30.  Are you for real???  the only reason I got tho two lines was for the BOGO.  I am so fed up with ATT

Message 11 of 98
Mentor

So where should I begin?  Let's see, I have been a customer with AT&T wireless since 1996.  Currently, in addition to Directv, I have 4 cell phone lines under one plan with AT&T,  The nightmares began when AT&T bought Directv.  Combine your bills they said?  What a fiasco that was for 6 months as AT&T tried for 6 months to do so but then said they could not for various reasons.  Lets see, some cust reps said it was because my Directv bill was billed via Verizon on my home FIOS account and others said it was because I had a FAN account.  So, after my account number being changed to a UNIFIED bill with directv, they un-unified it.  Each time, creating a billing nightmare with a new account number. During this period, I was unable to see my bills on-line, yet AT&T could not understand why I was not paying them.  You cant pay what you cannot see.

Fastforward to December when I added a new line under the "BOGO" program.  It's now April and I have still yet to receive a credit on my monthly bill for the free line.  I called in January and was told I would get a cumulative credit (for three months) on my March bill. In March, when there was no credit, I was told  I would get it in April and it would not be cumulative and now in April, I am being told Best Buy messed up and put me on a NEXT 24 month plan instead of the 28 or 30 month plan.  Seriously???  They are blaming BB.  Why didn't AT&T know this when I called in January?  Did Best Buy mess up the 6 month combined billing fiasco too??  

I must ask, is this how you treat a customer after 20 years?  Quite honestly, I am ready to cancel all my lines and go to Verizon and get the 3 (not 4) lines that I actually need.  

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.  

Message 12 of 98
Tutor

I am very displeased with the service I recieved with the bogo offer. Everything was going fine until there was an issue with the credit being applied. I paid my bill as I usually do(the friday of the week I get paid) but this time I was told that the bogo was null and void. Now in the contract I signed, it does state that the bill must be in good standing for the first three months but there is nothing that states if it's nit paid on or before the due date, ot cancels! Do not get the bogo offer unless everything is fully explained! I am now stuck with a phone I dont need simply because I was attracted to the word "free"
Message 13 of 98
ACE - Expert

@smicon Next 24 is not 24 months, the plan payoff is 30 months.

The names is Next 24 because you are allowed to trade in at 24 months and you do not have to pay the last 6 months IF you are willing to surrender your phone, else you can pay off the rest and keep the phone.

It's 28 months if you make a down payment (but you can trade in at 12 months).

See https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009300

(Next 18 is actually 24 months. Could that BE any more confusing...)

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 14 of 98

I have been having the same issues with the BOGO and have been promised numerous times it would be fixed  and my account would be credited. I have made a total of 3-5 calls with no resolution. I have been an AT&T customer for at least 10 years or longer and I just added UVerse TV and Internet. Looks like I will be cancelling all my services with AT&T. They promise to fix the issue and then never follow thru. I have had numerous AT&T support state that I am due a credit and promise to get it fixed and that it will take 24-72 hours and it has yet to be resolved.

Message 15 of 98
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support