Need help understanding your bill?
user2017's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, June 24th, 2018 10:31 PM

What is my Account Password/PIN?

I was wondering how can I figure out what my Account Password/PIN is? This is not the password for the online account, but the sim card PIN. Also, is "Account number" just my phone number? (This information is needed to transfer ATT number to another carrier.) Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I see my account number on the My Wireless tab as soon as I login. Or you could look at a bill, the account number is also on the monthly bill. To change or set your pin, click on your username and select “profile”. On the resulting page, select “Sign-in Info”. 

The above is for a postpaid account. If you are prepaid, totally different answer. For your account number, you need to call. Your pin is whatever you use to log into your account.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@user2017 wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I have a prepaid account. So, just to clarify, the pin and the 4-digit password which I use to log into my account on the website are the same thing, right? (In the case of a prepaid account)

Yes.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

No, you don’t want the SIM card pin, also known as a PUK code. The other carrier needs your account pin. As you noted, that is not your account password, it is an extra level of security you set on your account. If you don’t know your pin, you need to log into your account and set or reset it. Your account number is also there and it is not your phone number.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Where exactly can I see the account number and the account pin? I looked at "Account Info & Preferences", "Personal Info", etc. and still couldn't find that information.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you. Yes, I have a prepaid account. So, just to clarify, the pin and the 4-digit password which I use to log into my account on the website are the same thing, right? (In the case of a prepaid account)

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

The customer service at 611 doesn't seem to have any relevant option to find out my account number or to talk to a representative regarding this matter. Is there any other way to know the account number? Can they tell me my account number at an ATT store, or is there any online chat or something?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.