Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What is Mobile Data on text log?

Contributor

What is Mobile Data on text log?

I have been going through my usage logs for texting. There are a lot of entries that say Mobile Data and do not list phone numbers. I have checked my Google Activity and I didn't use any messaging apps at the times on the log. I don't understand what this means! My wife thinks I'm cheating on her using some secretive method because of this!! 

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by Gary L
‎07-03-2018 8:32 PM

Re: What is Mobile Data on text log?

🙄.  

Mobile data is internet use.  Location services, mapping, music streaming, using Siri or other hands free, Facebook, Twitter, checking weather, and on, and on - all use data.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Could it be downloading music? I saw today that there are a bunch of logs for data and I downloaded a lot of music today.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Sage

Yes, of course.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

So is there a way to prove that it's not a messaging app/website?

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

@kaitgiss wrote:

So is there a way to prove that it's not a messaging app/website?

No. It's just "internet" data.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support