Need help understanding your bill?
kaitgiss's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 4th, 2018 1:28 AM

What is Mobile Data on text log?

I have been going through my usage logs for texting. There are a lot of entries that say Mobile Data and do not list phone numbers. I have checked my Google Activity and I didn't use any messaging apps at the times on the log. I don't understand what this means! My wife thinks I'm cheating on her using some secretive method because of this!! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

🙄.  

Mobile data is internet use.  Location services, mapping, music streaming, using Siri or other hands free, Facebook, Twitter, checking weather, and on, and on - all use data.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

But if I'm connected to WIFI, why would I have Mobile Data show up in m Text logs?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Could it be downloading music? I saw today that there are a bunch of logs for data and I downloaded a lot of music today.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, of course.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So is there a way to prove that it's not a messaging app/website?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@kaitgiss wrote:

So is there a way to prove that it's not a messaging app/website?

No. It's just "internet" data.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

What about if your phone is connected to WiFi at that time, why does it still show up as data??

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Ayates86 wrote:

What about if your phone is connected to WiFi at that time, why does it still show up as data??

It doesn’t.   Data is not live reporting on your my ATT usage reports.     The bulk of the data that you use during the day is going to post to your accounts usage reports overnight when you are on Wi-Fi, at home, your phone might even be off and you asleep. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

are iMessages (which AT&T does not log with details ) included in Mobile Data activity? 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

4 years ago

@gab007 

Messages uses mobile data when sending iMessages between Apple devices.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.