What does this text message mean?

Professor

What does this text message mean?

[ Edited ]

I received a text message this morning from AT&T saying that my rebate has arrived.  Why could this message have been sent to me?  The only thing that I could think of when they're talking about rebate is my phone that was purchased last month, but by the main account holder.

Message 1 of 7 (960 Views)
Master

Re: What does this text message mean?

ckuczek wrote:

I received a text message this morning from AT&T saying that my rebate has arrived.  Why could this message have been sent to me?  The only thing that I could think of when they're talking about rebate is my phone that was purchased last month, but by the main account holder.

Hmmm...

Are you the primary account holder, or no?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 7 (953 Views)
Professor

Well, that means that a rebate was submitted for that line (they send it to the line the rebate is done through, I would know) and that they recieved it. You'll also get a message when the rebate is finalized and also when it ships out.

Message 3 of 7 (951 Views)

It means someone must have sent in a rebate on that line.

Message 4 of 7 (922 Views)
Scholar

rebate line 866-852-8617, Mon-Sun: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, stategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7 (892 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ckuczek
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

The rebate is for your phone/line. The account holder has filed for a rebate on your phone, but as it is your number associated with the phone purchased, you get the automated TxT msg.

You will not be receiving the rebate unless the account holder has put your name and address on the form sent in. The rebate will arrive in 6-8 weeks after receipt in El Paso, TX where the rebate center is located.

Message 6 of 7 (885 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

No.  I am not the account holder.  That text message would make sense.  I called an AT&T store and the woman told me the same thing.  Thanks for the help. :-)

Message 7 of 7 (860 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.