For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Bandsaws's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 30th, 2017 5:25 PM

What are the changes coming to unlimited international data plans?

As a customer with a grandfathered unlimited international data plan, I received the following text today:

AT&T Free Msg: Effective 05/05/17, your unlimited international data plans will change. A letter will be sent to the billing address on record outlining how these changes impact your plan. For questions or to cancel your service due to this change, visit att.com/myatt or call us at 800.331.0500

I can't find any information on the AT&T site or in the MyAT&T area about what's changing. Can anyone clarify what the changes are to the account prior to me receiving the letter in the postal mail, so I can begin planning accordingly?

Thanks in advance!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Marlago5267

That is not something you can "opt out" of.  Either you keep the plan and stick to the rules, or ATT will cancel the plan.  The rule has already applied to the other roaming plans like the free roaming in Mexico and Canada.    

If you travel more than you are in the US, you will have to consider unlocking your phones and using local SIM cards when you are away.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

should be very few changes. just got done with att and have a transcript of the conversation. ping me [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] and i will shoot over. in a nutshell, removing a few countries, and adding a 50% 2 month rule  - so if you travel to europe (me) 2 weeks a month, you have to be a bit careful with the data usage, but other than that should not be a big deal. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How can AT&T just cancel your plan if you go over the 2 month/50% rule? Do they give you a warning first?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It does say in the letter that "before any action is taken, AT&T will contact you in advance."  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Anybody have suggestions on what to do if one knows in advance that one will be traveling abroad for an extended period of time? Local SIM cards is not an option as one would have to pay for that in addition to the monthly AT&T bill.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.