For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jmags24's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 27th, 2018 3:08 PM

Upgrading

I got a Note 8 at Best Buy on Sept 15 with Next 24 months. I've called different people within ATT and no one can give me a straight answer. My phone was defective and Samsung said they would replace it ( this was one OCT 25, 17). I now want to pay up and give back the phone soni can get an S9+. The problem is that since it was a replacement Note 8, the IMEI wont match the original Insatllment ID one. It is the same exact phone, but what can I do? I want to upgrade at best buy because of the deal they have right now.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Contact ATT (call 611 from your phone) and explain the warranty replacement and have them update the IMEI in the system.  

According* to Next, you can return a warranty or insurance replacement just as you would the original phone.  Good idea to get ahead of it as ATT can be sloooow.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1106686

“Upgrade with eligible trade-in: Requires payment of percentage of sales price (50% or 80%), account in good standing, trade-in of financed device (or one of the same make and model) in good physical and fully functional condition through the AT&T Next or AT&T Next Every Year trade-in program”

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.