Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Upgrade while on BOGO Promo

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgrade while on BOGO Promo

In August of 2017 we signed up with AT&T with a BOGO, over 30 months with a monthly $25 credit on our account to pay for GET ONE.   According to my AT&T Billing I am now eligible for an upgrade of my phone (my phone is the Get One), for a payment of $25.00.   My question is, it is obvious the upgrade will be more  just payment of a $25.00 fee; so what happens to the more $25.00 monthly account credits, and am I correct in assuming my new phone will have a monthly payment also?"

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by Gary L
‎08-05-2019 1:05 PM

Re: Upgrade while on BOGO Promo

If you upgrade the get one line, credits stop, you get charged an upgrade fee and you start a new installment agreement for full price.  The buy one line can be paid off without losing credits on the get one line.  Since you are 24 payments into a 30 month loan, you also have to return the old phone in mint condition 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support