Need help understanding your bill?
macher's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 8:57 AM

Unltd data transfer of responsibility

I have a 4 line family plan and each line has unlimited data. I don't need 4 lines anymore and would like to give up 1 line.

I hear a lot of conflicting stories about transferring responsibility to someone else and then keeping unlimited data.

Any comments?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

11 years ago

Yes.

When a line gets transfered from one account to another account, or transfered from one person's name into another, then all grandfathered features are removed and you're required to choose from the current plans that AT&T offers.

For example, John Smith has 5 lines, all of which have unlimited data plans. His daughter wants to take her number and move it into her friend's account.

John's daughter will loose her grandfathered plan / unlimited data plan when/if she transfers her service from John's account to her friends.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Ok I know this too. But I also know people who were able to transfer and keep unlimited data. I'm not sure how they did it.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

This person who I met online on a cellular forum said he can do it but it's impossible for anyone else to do it. I was wondering if this is done by knowing someone in corporate?

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

11 years ago

either that or having the access to the system yourself. Such as having Supervisor rights.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

Its not possible and there aren't exceptions to the rule. Doing a TOBR will cause grandfathered features to be taken off a line.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.