Need help understanding your bill?
seasideclub's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 2:21 AM

Unlock denied

We cannot complete your request for the following reason:

• You have not completed your service agreement. You are under contract and must complete the contract period before your device can be unlocked.

I haven't had a contract for years but yet, these people think I do. I checked my account just now and shows that I am not under contract. What's going on? I want to unlock my HTC One X which is three phones old. Any comments from the responsible party?

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

I would suggest you try calling AT&T and tell them exactly what you said here. If you haven't been under contract in years with them, I don't see why you couldn't get it unlocked or why the system would think that you are still in contract. It is better to speak with a real person, because they should be able to see the error and fix it for you.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Right on. Thanks.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

No, it was not resolved. The unlock people still somehow see me as being a contract customer. Maybe somebody from your camp can open there eyes and look at my account instead of using some kind of default method.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Something similar happens to me...but I think I was cheated for customer service representatives in 2 different at&t local stores(Hagerstown, MD). I was told that after paying full prices for my phone I would get the unlock code for my phone in 2 weeks. I got the go phone plan for one month and after 3 weeks of talking on the phone with even a supposed to be at&t customer service supervisor, they said I have to wait 6 month to have my phone unlocked, no to mention that STILL the same staff from the 2 at&t local store stick to the same story that I am entitled of having my phone unlocked in 24 hours... this mismatch of information is what makes you think as a customer that the only important thing when you close a deal with a company like this is just your money....They actually do not care all the unconfortable situations you have to go through when having a problem like this....

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

9 years ago

@LRUIZCheated wrote:

Something similar happens to me...but I think I was cheated for customer service representatives in 2 different at&t local stores(Hagerstown, MD). I was told that after paying full prices for my phone I would get the unlock code for my phone in 2 weeks. I got the go phone plan for one month and after 3 weeks of talking on the phone with even a supposed to be at&t customer service supervisor, they said I have to wait 6 month to have my phone unlocked, no to mention that STILL the same staff from the 2 at&t local store stick to the same story that I am entitled of having my phone unlocked in 24 hours... this mismatch of information is what makes you think as a customer that the only important thing when you close a deal with a company like this is just your money....They actually do not care all the unconfortable situations you have to go through when having a problem like this....

The requirements for having your phone unlocked are listed here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532&cv=820

GoPhone customers must wait 6 months for an unlock. Postpaid customers must active service for at least 60 days. If you've never had an account with AT&T, it appears the unlock is available immediately. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I perfectly understand that. What bothers me is the lack of knowledge
related to this matter from 1 store supervisor and a regular customer
service representative (Att Hagerstown, MD local stores) that certified my
phone could be unlocked after 2 weeks. I visited twice those stores and
they told me same thing. It clearly was done with the intention of selling
this device and let the customer deal with the situation of finding out the
unpleasant truth. I should have stuck with T-mobile new phone and for sure
I have not had this kind of issues to have my ALREADY PAID phone the way I
wanted.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

Had you NOT used GoPhone service, you would have been able to get the phone unlocked right away.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.