Unable to upgrade or sell phone

Contributor

Unable to upgrade or sell phone

Hi I have upgraded to a new phone for a bout 2 months and I don't like the phone any more.

So I thought I could sell the phone and just buy a new one, either an unlocked one or make another upgrade on AT&T

But neither of those two ways works..

1. They say if I sell the phone, the buyer will not be able to use the phone because my name is still on the phone.

2. And if I want to upgrade , they say I can't do that until this September.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Unable to upgrade or sell phone

You are able to sell your current phone in order to get a new one. Never mind your "personal information" - as long as you delete anything personal from the phone, it's just another stock manufactured phone, basically. Your name/account is tied to your SIM card, not the phone. You would just take your SIM card out and sell the phone as-is (with all included manuals, charger, etc., of course).

You cannot upgrade earlier than your set upgrade eligibility date. Until then, you can purchase another phone from AT&T/an unlocked one to use.

In summary, yes, you are able to sell your current phone to get another.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support