Unable to switch data plans?

Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Unable to switch data plans?

Hi guys!

I hope this is the correct forum to post about my little problem. Today I just received my iPhone 4 in the mail (not from AT&T, bought it from Amazon) and I switched my SIM card from my Inspire to the iPhone.

Now here comes the problem.. I currently have the DataPlus 200MB for 4G smartphones enabled. I have tried to make the correct adjustment of switching it to the DataPro 2GB for iPhone plan but I received an error that mentions that the data plans conflict and that the 200 MB plan for 4G smartphones is required and so it does not change.

Any ideas on what I can do to switch the plan?

Thanks!

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 8 (890 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Unable to switch data plans?

I should also mention I tried doing it from the iPhone app as well and no data plans apart from the 200MB one I mentioned is listed.. So I tried from a pc and did not work either.

Any ideas?
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (888 Views)
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rayosun
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

yes call 611 from your mobile device or 800-331-0500 to get customer care, They will help you.! Smiley Wink

______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”
Message 3 of 8 (885 Views)
Scholar

reason being is that your IMEI on the account is still htc inspire, care will need to change it to the iphone IMEI. also to change the data package from smartphone data to iphone data they are different

______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”
Message 4 of 8 (882 Views)
ACE - Professor

Lol I said in my previous post! That's why I wanted to change the plan! Smiley Wink

I did call Customer Care and they resolved the issue in no time at all Smiley Very Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8 (854 Views)
Master

Evandela wrote:
Lol I said in my previous post! That's why I wanted to change the plan! Smiley Wink

I did call Customer Care and they resolved the issue in no time at all Smiley Very Happy
Awesome. Enjoy your new iPhone, now that everything is set up correctly as it should be!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 8 (838 Views)
ACE - Professor

Haha thanks ^_^
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8 (812 Views)
Master

You're welcome.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 8 of 8 (801 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.