Need help understanding your bill?
EddyBrosevelt's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 13th, 2013 1:49 AM

Unable to recieve texts from US Cellular customers

I just switched from US Cellular to AT&T yesterday only to find out that I can't recieve texts from a few of my good friends who happen to be on US Cellular. Is there something I can do to resolve this? I'd like to still be able to text them.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@EddyBrosevelt wrote:

I just switched from US Cellular to AT&T yesterday only to find out that I can't recieve texts from a few of my good friends who happen to be on US Cellular. Is there something I can do to resolve this? I'd like to still be able to text them.

Thanks in advance.

If you ported your number over from US Cellular there is sometimes a delay for a few days of everything updating to the new carrier and removing the information from the previous carrier

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

That sounds ok I guess. I suppose since I was at the store late in the day Friday that they might not have things sorted out with my account til Monday, and if it works by then, I can handle that. I'll give an update when it seems to be working.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@EddyBrosevelt wrote:

That sounds ok I guess. I suppose since I was at the store late in the day Friday that they might not have things sorted out with my account til Monday, and if it works by then, I can handle that. I'll give an update when it seems to be working.

not the store, it needs to propogate through the infrastructure, the sms routing may still be pointing at the original carrier and not att so the messages are not delievrable and sms has no means of sending a non delieverable resposne

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Late on the update, but I was able to recieve text messages from US Cellular users again by tuesday morning. All the ones I'd missed over the weekend came at once, it was crazy. It was back to normal though after that.

Thanks for the help!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@EddyBrosevelt wrote:

Late on the update, but I was able to recieve text messages from US Cellular users again by tuesday morning. All the ones I'd missed over the weekend came at once, it was crazy. It was back to normal though after that.

Thanks for the help!

glad to see it resolved itself

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.