For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kanyne's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 13th, 2011 9:13 PM

Two and Three Digit Numbers

I have noticed several two and  three digit numbers on my husband's outgoing call list.  They are random numbers and one was a number,star, number,star, number.  He doesn't know what they are.  They are not on the phone bill.  None of the numbers ever connect.  Can you call someone with just two or three digits? I thought he was accidentally pushing buttons, but they just started last month and they are usually about the same time in the afternoon and a week apart.  Very strange.  Any explanations?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

@kanyne wrote:

I have noticed several two and  three digit numbers on my husband's outgoing call list.  They are random numbers and one was a number,star, number,star, number.  He doesn't know what they are.  They are not on the phone bill.  None of the numbers ever connect.  Can you call someone with just two or three digits? I thought he was accidentally pushing buttons, but they just started last month and they are usually about the same time in the afternoon and a week apart.  Very strange.  Any explanations?

Those numbers you describe are usually shortcut contact numbers to AT&T info like, data usage, billing due amount, etc, especially since they don't show up on your monthly billing cuz they are free. You said that they do not connect...so you dial the number, press send and nothing happens?

If that is the case as stated, I would call customer care, 800-331-0500, and see if they are in fact shortcut numbers. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

ghostryder wrote:

Those numbers you describe are usually shortcut contact numbers to AT&T info like, data usage, billing due amount, etc, especially since they don't show up on your monthly billing cuz they are free. You said that they do not connect...so you dial the number, press send and nothing happens?

I

Those numbers are not in fact where you can actually CALL and talk with someone, it's just to check on monthly subscriptions that you may have (like data usage, billing, etc.) It's just a way for one to be aware of their usage and billing for the month.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

@kanyne wrote:

I had a similar but opposite occurance a week or so ago - I got a call from a four digit number.  lol.  I thought that was very strange - but it appears in my call log as in incoming, missed call - it's not a contact in my address book, not even as one named to appear as a four digit number.  Needless to say, when I try to return the call, it doesn't connect.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the help.  I guess that explains the odd numbers.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

@kanyne wrote:

Thanks for the help.  I guess that explains the odd numbers.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we were able to give you insight on what those meant.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

You're welcome. That settles the confusion... 😉

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Twice in a row the two digits phone numbers are trying to reach me, but I'm curious whose calling me. I don't know if they're scam or not! I didn't answered the phone and left it ringing, hoping they would leave me a message, but none what so ever. Here it is the two digits number(79)! Please, I need help to solved this problem, and find out who's are they?

Date: August, 24 2017

Time: 03:17 PM Eastern 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.