For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Apsugirl26's profile

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

Thursday, February 9th, 2017 4:51 AM

Transfer of billing responsibility

I am wanting to know if Its possible to change my grandmothers account to my name? Or will I have to start a whole new account and new plan when I transfer to my name. I also have 2 NEXT on the account. How will that be affected?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

420 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, we’re here to help shed some light on the Transfer of Billing Responsibility (ToBR) process!

The ToBR has to be initiated by the Original Account Owner. Learn more about the initiator's responsibilities. Before requesting the transfer of billing responsibility, please keep in mind that:

• The initiator must pay off any accessory installment plans associated with wireless lines you want to transfer. 
  • The initiator may lose any voicemails associated with their wireless lines when the transfer is complete.
  • If the transfer request is for non-wireless service, the receiving account owner of TV, internet, or home phone services must keep the services at the same service address.
  • The receiving account owner must be at least 18 years old to accept billing responsibility for the service, except in Alabama (19 years old) and Puerto Rico (21 years old).
  • Discounts and offers on the existing account will only apply to the new account if the receiving account owner is eligible for those discounts or offers.

If you are accepting ownership of the account, you are the Receiving Account Owner. As the receiving account owner, your next up installments won't be affected. If the original account holder had next installments, AT&T NEXT balances may need to have been paid in full prior to requesting the ToBR, or transferred to an eligible receiving account holder. We suggesting learning more about the acceptor's responsibilities, which include agreeing to accept responsibility for wireless lines or other services. If the transfer is successful, the acceptor will be responsible for:

• All applicable terms and conditions.
  • Any bill payments.
  • Any installment plans or add-ons associated with the new service.

Please note, you may also see partial-month charges and credits on your first bill after the transfer is complete. We hope this was insightful, let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for reaching out to the AT&T Community Forums!

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Your grandmother would need to file the transfer of billing responsibility and you would have to accept. The NEXT plans should transfer over just fine. The only thing you would lose is your current calling/texting/data plan. You would have to choose from currently offered plans.

If you have poor credit or little credit history, a deposit may be required to put the plan in your name.

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

7 years ago

I have heard that transfering over the NEXTs depends on credit as well. I have 2 of them and wonder if I would have to pay those off first before the transfer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How do you transfer the responsiblity when the owner has died and the daughter, who is an authorized user, wants to take over the account in her name

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

@vernajay,

just say that the accountholder is dead then they will transfer it to your own..

yes, everything depends on your credit history.

*att next

*deposit

call 8884444410 options 2 and 5

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Im discontinuing services from my acct the number  and she will be getting her own individual acct seperate from my cell phone plan which is [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am giving permission to release my sons phone

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do I do this

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.