Need help understanding your bill?
Tsjguitar's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, March 5th, 2017 7:27 PM

Transfer of Billing Responsibility

I am wanting to get rid of my account and transfer the two phones I have onto my father's family plan and keep the numbers I have. I went into an AT&T store and was told that I can do this by doing a transfer of billing responsibility.

After doing some reading and watching the video AT&T has on this subject, to me it sounds like all that is going to do is make him responsible for paying my bill which is around $200, not actually add my two phones to his family plan.

I just wanted to confirm that if I transfer the billing it will actually add my phones as extra lines on his family plan where we will all be sharing the data etc.. for his family plan and not just make him responsible for paying larger bill.

Thank you for any help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

2 years ago

We see that this is a popular topic all.

So, part one: if you choose to transfer your numbers to another plan, family member, or friend account using transfer of billing responsibility, the account holder that the numbers are going to, is responsible for paying for all of the numbers. 

Part 2: if you are wanting to transfer your service to another account or take over one, transfer of billing responsibility is for you

- AT&T Community Team

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Tsjguitar If you transfer your lines and billing responsibility (paying your bill) to his plan, it will add the two phones and two lines (numbers) to his plan (he can't be responsible unless they are on his plan).

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Th

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you very much for clarifying, the guy at the store didn't make that very clear. I appreciate it!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I want to transfer billing responsibility on my att account to me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I would like to see about transferring my daughter cell phone line into her name and make her responsible for her own bill? Can someone direct me in the necessary steps 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

No answer Yet? I would like to know what to do also.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Agree

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I have tried Transfer of Billing Responsibility ONLINE but only get the following not-so-fast message:

"Cannot transfer combined lines

The line(s) you are trying to transfer are part of a combined bill with one or more non-Wireless lines. Currently, we can only transfer Wireless lines."

Yes, I have 3 wireless numbers on my account and want to transfer my daughter's wireless number to her husband's account.  I don't have a non-wireless line.  So, I don't understand why it won't work and why others are not getting a response to their questions.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My mom died and she is the owner of the account. I just want to pay for my line so it doesn’t get shut off. I don’t have a death certificate yet, and I can’t get into her account. I also don’t want to have to pay for any of the other lines.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.