Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Transfer of Billing Responsibility

Highlighted
Tutor

Transfer of Billing Responsibility

I am wanting to get rid of my account and transfer the two phones I have onto my father's family plan and keep the numbers I have. I went into an AT&T store and was told that I can do this by doing a transfer of billing responsibility.

After doing some reading and watching the video AT&T has on this subject, to me it sounds like all that is going to do is make him responsible for paying my bill which is around $200, not actually add my two phones to his family plan.

I just wanted to confirm that if I transfer the billing it will actually add my phones as extra lines on his family plan where we will all be sharing the data etc.. for his family plan and not just make him responsible for paying larger bill.

Thank you for any help!
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Tsjguitar
‎03-05-2017 11:37 AM

Re: Transfer of Billing Responsibility

@Tsjguitar If you transfer your lines and billing responsibility (paying your bill) to his plan, it will add the two phones and two lines (numbers) to his plan (he can't be responsible unless they are on his plan).

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Tags (1)
    Message 2 of 5
    Tutor

Th
    Message 3 of 5
    Tutor

Thank you very much for clarifying, the guy at the store didn't make that very clear. I appreciate it!
    Message 4 of 5
    Contributor

I want to transfer billing responsibility on my att account to me.

Message 5 of 5
    Share this topic
    Share this topic
    Additional Support