Need help understanding your bill?
Lilchris2006's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2011 9:13 PM

Total voice/sms usage?

Is there a simple way to find out how many minutes and text message I have sent a certain number?

I added the alias to my ATT address book if thats a step in the right direction.

Unless there is a way to do it on my iphone then that would work too.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

13 years ago

I literally clapped my hands when I saw that we had an fully functional procedure for this. I spend WAY too much time in Excel. 🙂

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

I have never needed to use it, but "other" carriers have had this option for a while (years?)

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

Its a neat tool to have at your disposal. Atts coming around!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for. Smiley Happy

I was going to Wireless > Usage and Recent History so I couldn't find it.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

12 years ago

Ann154 wrote:
I have never needed to use it, but "other" carriers have had this option for a while (years?)

The CSV export feature has been part of the AT&T wireless site since at least July 2005 -- I know this for sure because I have imported my data every month since then, some 127408 voice call records in all.  I've been importing SMS records since the beginning of 2008, 901128 text message records total.

Unfortunately, the format of that CSV, as downloaded from the AT&T site, is impossible to import into a database table, as is.  I had to write a rather involved script to convert it, which involve weeding-out all the blank lines and other useless junk, and identifying the lines of text that contain data.  I also had to save it in 2 tables, one for voice, one for text, because the two have disparate sets of fields.

The most amazing thing is they have, on two occasions, made changes to their CSV output format, *without* making it any less useless!  It literally blows my mind to try to imagine what it's designers had in mind for this content, but one thing is certain: it was not, "this will be easily imported into relational database tables," they couldn't possibly have cared about that in the least.  (My nickname for this abomination of a format, btw, is "NOT CSV".)

In any case, Once the data is imported into tables anything that might be desired can be done with it; having it in tables makes it easily possible to derive stats across phone lines and/or months-to-years.  I've considered publishing my script on a few occasions... (if anyone was interested in it, the prospect of publishing it would become more compelling, I'm certain of it.)  🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Publish publish publish! The awesome and useful scripting you have could be very helpful for some of us.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

12 years ago

@Stuffy wrote:

Publish publish publish! The awesome and useful scripting you have could be very helpful for some of us.

Ask and ye shall receive!  🙂  http://depracatethis.blogspot.com/2012/06/broken-by-design-at-wireless-billing.html

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-M McGinty

[edited for privacy]

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry, make that http://deprecatethis.blogspot.com/2012/06/broken-b​y-design-at-wireless-billing.html

@mmcginty wrote:

@Stuffy wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive!  🙂  http://depracatethis.blogspot.com/2012/06/broken-by-design-at-wireless-billing.html

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-M McGinty

[edited for privacy]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.