For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Lilchris2006's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2011 9:13 PM

Total voice/sms usage?

Is there a simple way to find out how many minutes and text message I have sent a certain number?

I added the alias to my ATT address book if thats a step in the right direction.

Unless there is a way to do it on my iphone then that would work too.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

13 years ago

I know exactly what you want to do because I do this (I'm a data junkie). I used to have to copy/paste all the billing records into Excel but we recently changed this process to make it A LOT easier.

Here's what I do:

• Login to att.com
  • click on "View Billed Usage" 
  • Select the billing period you want to look at
  • click on "Download Call Details" 
  • Select XLS or CSV format (XLS is a bigger but prettier file, CSV is a straight text dump. Both will open in Excel. I prefer CSV because there isn't any formatting to get in the way of sorting/filtering)
  • Click submit and wait for the file to download 
  • Geek out while sorting and filtering data (Ok, maybe it's just me that geeks out)

billing_viewbilledusage.JPG

billing_downloadcalldetails.JPG

billing_filetype.JPG

3 Attachments

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Use the online account here on the site. You can see your usage.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

On the iPhone, download the ATT app

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

Uep, the ATT app should gibe you some features to tract activity. Theres an android app just the same

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

13 years ago

Sorry guess I named the title poorly, let me be a little more specific. Smiley Wink

For example I want to see how long I have talked with my friend at number 978-555-5555 for the month of July.

Same thing for how many text messages have been sent to and from that number.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

Other than the detailed minutes logged online, I dont think they provide a summary by phone number level of detail.Now if you had the means to capture the detail yourself into text file, you could then import it into a spreadsheet or database table and do your own summaries.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

13 years ago

Yea I do not mind figuring that out in Excel myself, problem is I have no clue on how to export the call list.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

On an Android phone (and possibly with the iPhone, too, if it holds the total amount of text messages exchanged between users), you can see how many text messages were sent and received between yourself and another person by keeping track of the starting date of the month and the ending date. For example, I exchanged 272 text messages with a friend of mine last month and in my messaging application, it shows up as their name, along with (0/272) right by the side. That's one way of keeping track.

As far as calls go, you'll just have to add up the times and combine them into one total time amount. That is, if there is no other simple way to do this.

Scholar

• 

94 Messages

13 years ago

Yes and no lol

Now with a iphone there is a total talk time in the settings. Now it is avalible on select android devices.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

A fellow data junkie! 😄 thats exactly what I was talking about. The procedure you just posted is much easier!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.