Total voice/sms usage?

Highlighted
Teacher

Total voice/sms usage?

Is there a simple way to find out how many minutes and text message I have sent a certain number?

I added the alias to my ATT address book if thats a step in the right direction.

Unless there is a way to do it on my iphone then that would work too.

Message 1 of 19
Master

Re: Total voice/sms usage?

Use the online account here on the site. You can see your usage.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 19
Master

On the iPhone, download the ATT app

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 19
Professor

Uep, the ATT app should gibe you some features to tract activity. Theres an android app just the same
Message 4 of 19
Teacher

Sorry guess I named the title poorly, let me be a little more specific. Smiley Wink

For example I want to see how long I have talked with my friend at number 978-555-5555 for the month of July.

Same thing for how many text messages have been sent to and from that number.

Message 5 of 19
Professor

Other than the detailed minutes logged online, I dont think they provide a summary by phone number level of detail.Now if you had the means to capture the detail yourself into text file, you could then import it into a spreadsheet or database table and do your own summaries.
Message 6 of 19
Teacher

Yea I do not mind figuring that out in Excel myself, problem is I have no clue on how to export the call list.

Message 7 of 19
Master

On an Android phone (and possibly with the iPhone, too, if it holds the total amount of text messages exchanged between users), you can see how many text messages were sent and received between yourself and another person by keeping track of the starting date of the month and the ending date. For example, I exchanged 272 text messages with a friend of mine last month and in my messaging application, it shows up as their name, along with (0/272) right by the side. That's one way of keeping track.

As far as calls go, you'll just have to add up the times and combine them into one total time amount. That is, if there is no other simple way to do this.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 8 of 19
Scholar

Yes and no lol

Now with a iphone there is a total talk time in the settings. Now it is avalible on select android devices.

______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”
Message 9 of 19
Former Community Manager

I know exactly what you want to do because I do this (I'm a data junkie). I used to have to copy/paste all the billing records into Excel but we recently changed this process to make it A LOT easier.

Here's what I do:

• Login to att.com
  • click on "View Billed Usage" 
  • Select the billing period you want to look at
  • click on "Download Call Details" 
  • Select XLS or CSV format (XLS is a bigger but prettier file, CSV is a straight text dump. Both will open in Excel. I prefer CSV because there isn't any formatting to get in the way of sorting/filtering)
  • Click submit and wait for the file to download 
  • Geek out while sorting and filtering data (Ok, maybe it's just me that geeks out)

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 10 of 19
Professor

A fellow data junkie! Smiley Very Happy thats exactly what I was talking about. The procedure you just posted is much easier!
Message 11 of 19
Former Community Manager

I literally clapped my hands when I saw that we had an fully functional procedure for this. I spend WAY too much time in Excel. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 19
Master

I have never needed to use it, but "other" carriers have had this option for a while (years?)
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 19
Professor

Its a neat tool to have at your disposal. Atts coming around!
Message 14 of 19
Teacher

Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for. Smiley Happy

I was going to Wireless > Usage and Recent History so I couldn't find it.

Message 15 of 19
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support