For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
abusedcusstomer's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 26th, 2017 6:30 PM

The worst company in America

Bad service for over 10 years. Dropped calls, bad reception, unable to talk to people after a few mins due to spotty coverage, etc.

Customer service points me to my local store and then my local store points me to customer service. They tried to charge me $150 for a Microcell for a service they are unable to provide. Basically charging extra because they are unable to provide the service I am paying for.

Rude local employees. Lack of accountability within the company. Everyone says that have no control or can't help.

I can't talk to the tech support people because my reception is so bad the call drops after 5 mins.

Such insolence towards your customers - disgusting.

One customer support lady even said they no longer support Microcells and now suggest that you make Wifi calls. Why then would I pay you anything if your suggestion is to just switch to Skype or Facetime phone calls? It's almost like this company knows its service is garbage and is trying to suggest stuff that helps them avoid spending more money to provide even the most basic service to their patrons.

I hope this company rots somewhere bad. Switching to another carrier soon.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Why are you still a customer? If it was that bad, why did you stick around 10 years? Hope your new carrier works out for you but believe it or not, not everyone has the same experience you had. Whatever carrier you switch to, there will be someone saying the same bad things about them.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@abusedcusstomer wrote:

Bad service for over 10 years. Dropped calls, bad reception, unable to talk to people after a few mins due to spotty coverage, etc.

Why are you still with them? This is clearly not the company for your geographic area.

One customer support lady ... suggest that you make Wifi calls. Why then would I pay you anything if your suggestion is to just switch to Skype or Facetime phone calls?

That's not what they mean, newer compatible phones can use WiFi calling, it's like using your WiFi as a free microcell. Then you get calls and texts on your phone and can send them too. On ANY wifi.

Switching to another carrier soon.

It's been 10 years, why are you waiting?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Family members all pool in to pay for the bill and some were hesitant to switch away because of their international plans. I showed them that the other carriers have international plans as well. Now we finally are switching. Screw this company, their lack of good service and their inability to accommodate for their own failures.

And yes - everyone I know in my city has had the same experience I had. So that statement does not ring true. People have been telling me to switch away from AT&T for years, I really should have listened. People hate AT&T here, I finally sympathize with them. I've reached the end of my rope. 3 years of calling them and asking for new cell towers yielded nothing.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@abusedcusstomer wrote:

Family members all pool in to pay for the bill and some were hesitant to switch away because of their international plans. 

Assuming you spend more time at home than internationally, international coverage should not be a selling point. 

Regardless, you can't pick the plan everyone has if it does not work FOR YOU.

And yes - everyone I know in my city has had the same experience I had. So that statement does not ring true.

Everyone in your city is not everyone.

People have been telling me to switch away from AT&T for years, I really should have listened. People hate AT&T here, I finally sympathize with them. I've reached the end of my rope. 3 years of calling them and asking for new cell towers yielded nothing.

AT&T doesn't have 100% awesome coverage anywhere. NO ONE does.

Again, if no one in your area has great coverage and it stinks for you, then it makes no sense to stay with them for TEN YEARS!?!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Everyone in my city is no everyone, sure. Please reread what I said - I said everyone in my city I know. I am very specific with my words so they can't be twisted or distorted.

Anyway, stop defending this corporation. It's hilariously sad. If they offer a service they should provide it. This idea that coverage can be variable while prices stay the same is incredibly anti-consumer. Fight for consumers, not to defend your corporate overlords.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

How is "AT&T doesn't have 100% awesome coverage anywhere. NO ONE does" defending them? Of course service and coverage are variable, that is the way cellular systems work. If you know how radio communications work, you would understand that. I always tell people to pick your wireless carrier based on who provides the service you need where you need it at a price you are willing to pay. You are the one that stayed with them for 10 years. No one forced you to stay. I would have been gone after the first week if I had the experience you had but just because their service does not work for you or anyone you know does not mean it doesn't work for anyone. Where I live and where I travel, ATT coverage has been great and I have no issues with customer service in the very few times I've needed to interact with them.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@abusedcusstomer wrote:

Everyone in my city is no everyone, sure. Please reread what I said - I said everyone in my city I knowI am very specific with my words so they can't be twisted or distorted.

You responded to "believe it or not, not everyone has the same experience you hadwith

And yes - everyone I know in my city has had the same experience I had. So that statement does not ring true.

Clearly you were disagreeing, please don't try too twist the words and act like you weren't.

You were NOT just casually saying "everyone I know in my city has had the same experience I had", you very specifically embedded it between two phrases disagreeing with their statement. I know this because you made it clear that you are very specific with your words.

Regardless, the logical thing for you to have done is left AT&T a decade ago.

Anyway, stop defending this corporation. It's hilariously sad. If they offer a service they should provide it. This idea that coverage can be variable while prices stay the same is incredibly anti-consumer. Fight for consumers, not to defend your corporate overlords.

I think we're in consensus that you should have left and gone somewhere else. You're the one who keeps paying YOUR corporate overlords. That's the hilariously sad thing.

People trying to get your to stay and ignore the shortcomings that affect you is defending them, no one here is telling you to stay. YOU are the one defending why you stayed. If they don't provide the service you need stop paying them. It's been TEN years.

Pointing out practical things is not defending them. 

Neither is giving you correct information on WiFi calling, unless I'm mistaken and to "switch to Skype or Facetime phone calls" wasn't your actually your conclusion, but what they actually told you to do? 

We're telling you to leave the nest and go find better coverage!

It's pretty much the main reason you pay a cellular company and you're not getting it...

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@abusedcusstomer wrote:

Everyone in my city is no everyone, sure. Please reread what I said - I said everyone in my city I know. I am very specific with my words so they can't be twisted or distorted.

If everyone in your city (that you know) has poor AT&T coverage, that should be a sign that AT&T isn't the right company for residents of your city! AT&T can't go to every address in every location. AT&T doesn't have the right to determine whether or not people can buy their service simply because it doesn't think they'll have good service at the primary address. What if someone in your city travels for work, so even though they have poor service at home, they are more concerned about the service at the locations they visit around the country? Should AT&T refuse them service? Should AT&T pry into your life and figure out every single place you'll use your phone on a regular basis? It seems like you're wanting to give the power to decide what the customer buys to AT&T. That's pretty anti-consumer, if you ask me!

Guru

• 

464 Messages

7 years ago

I googled what are best cellphone companies in Colorado? (Actually googled worst)

It pulled up this link.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/tech/2014/03/10/carrier-best-wireless-service-colorado/13282/

This link indicates in Colorado, AT&T is the best, Verizon is 2nd best.

However I have no problem believing the op service is degraded, I have issues when I travel up there. There is either mountains interfering or if it is in a rural area, there appear to be limited towers. 

Also I have noticed that the company that does best in these attracts more subscribers and then their service begins to suck.   

Also AT&T offering unlimited data outside of their 21 states is not a good idea until they have a lot more coverage. These Qwest/Century Link states will struggle with decent phone coverage.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Tretiree wrote:

I googled what are best cellphone companies in Colorado? (Actually googled worst)

It pulled up this link.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/tech/2014/03/10/carrier-best-wireless-service-colorado/13282/

This link indicates in Colorado, AT&T is the best, Verizon is 2nd best.

However I have no problem believing the op service is degraded, I have issues when I travel up there. There is either mountains interfering or if it is in a rural area, there appear to be limited towers. 

Also I have noticed that the company that does best in these attracts more subscribers and then their service begins to suck.   

Also AT&T offering unlimited data outside of their 21 states is not a good idea until they have a lot more coverage. These Qwest/Century Link states will struggle with decent phone coverage.

No one is doubting the OP doesn't have good coverage. That happens; no company can provide good service to 100% of the country. If OP says s/he doesn't have good service, I believe them. I just question why they stayed for 10 years with bad service. 

I'm not sure what AT&T's wireline service area has to do with anything. Cell phone service is completely different. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.