Need help understanding your bill?
jdcole1165's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 30th, 2018 8:53 PM

Terrible Customer Service Agent - LIED TO ME

I called customer service today when I found that my bill was a few dollars higher than normal.  I called ATT and was told that ALL 3 gig accounts had be been arbitrarily changed to 6 gig (with a rate increase to go with it), without customer authorization because AT&T decided their customers wanted more band width, and I did not have an option to go back to the lower plan. When I asked to speak to a manager that could fix the issue he told me that even a manager could not fix my problem.  When I told him that ATT broke the law by changing the terms of our contract without all parties agreeing to the change, he told me he was transferring me to the cancellation department.  I said "Yes, please send me to escalations" and he said "Not escalations, cancellations" and hit the transfer button.  When the cancellations department answered and I went through the entire issue AGAIN, the gentleman in cancellations had my account changed in less than 5 minutes.  He looked to see if the first agent had made notation on my account, but low and behold, he had not (against ATT rules).  It's bad enough that we have to pay such outrageous amounts for cell and internet services, but to have a company just arbitrarily change my account without my authorization is not acceptable.   Then I get told falsehoods by the employees when I try to make them correct their error.  Per the 1st agent I spoke with, I have 10 months left under my contract.  ATT needs to show me they want to keep my business if they want me to renew.  I have had my current cell and internet service with AT&T for about 16 years, but will move on to greener pastures if their customer service does not improve.  Every encounter I have had with AT&T customer service has been terrible. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I called customer service and was told taxes went up like $6.00 and no mention that the data was increased. He gave me a $3.00 credit. Now I no that’s not even correct information. I’m loooking to switch plans to as I’ve been with AT&T for many many years but getting too costly and can even give correct information 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

when you have direct tv thru ATT are you under contract because I was done with my contract and then the rep lady she could lower my bill i said ok but no if it put me under contract she said oh no now I call to cut it off and Im told I am under contract and I said no and look up the recording of the conversation well he then said no not contract put commitment I said I was not going to play word games with him his name was Jordon. this is the deal no one said anything about a contract or I would have never agreed too so you people need to stop lying to the customer I am taking my 5 accounts somewhere else this is just plain criminal 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

ATT IS HORRIBLE. THE REPS GOT TO BE DUMB AS A ROCK OR MADE TO LIE TO KEEP A JOB. ADDED CELL SERVICE AND HONEY EACH MONTH MY BILL GOT BIGGER. THEY WAS CHARGING ME FOR 5 LINES BILL $760 THEN THEY ACT LIKE THEY WAS DOING ME A FAVOR FOR CREDITING MY BILL ON THEIR ERRORS. MY BLOOD PRESSURE SO HIGH RIGHT NOW. I GIVE UP I AM CANCELLING WHAT I CAN

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

ATT IS HORRIBLE. THE REPS GOT TO BE DUMB AS A ROCK OR MADE TO LIE TO KEEP A JOB. ADDED CELL SERVICE AND HONEY EACH MONTH MY BILL GOT BIGGER. THEY WAS CHARGING ME FOR 5 LINES BILL $760 THEN THEY ACT LIKE THEY WAS DOING ME A FAVOR FOR CREDITING MY BILL ON THEIR ERRORS. MY BLOOD PRESSURE SO HIGH RIGHT NOW. I GIVE UP I AM CANCELLING WHAT I CAN

Wow, I love how people post on this forum expecting sympathy and understanding when they provide literally no information. Obviously $760 for five lines is ridiculously high, but what's causing it? Because that's sure not your basic plan and features. I'm guessing the reason you don't provide any details is that the charges are your own fault, either overages or international charges or equipment charges, etc. If you can explain how five lines can get to $700 a month without any of that, you'll have my sympathy. And yes, they are being generous crediting your account, because AT&T doesn't have to.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the info. Going to look into it now!,,  same things everyone ‘‘tis talking about happen to me and I have been two weeks without phone and adding up all time spent on phone it’s the, or live chat I am going on 8 hrs!  Ridiculous 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Why anyone still uses ATT is beyond me.  Fraudulent billing practices, lying customer service agents and average plans.  I have been with ATT for 15 years, never late on a bill and giving them $5k business yearly but am changing to T Mobile.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

ATT would rather charge extra hidden fees and use them to hire agents to waste hours and hours of customers’ precious time than to be honest and treat customers right.  They train agents to cheat, lie, trick and frustrate customers.  Most people are either too busy to notice billing discrepancies or too busy to fight or change company.  That’s how they make their short-term gain.  Guess what’s happening with their stocks?  Truly sad.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

I’ve been with ATT almost 5 years.  I read.   I read the website before I switched.    Read the terms of service, sales slips, etc.  

The bill.

Read your darn bill and know what you’re paying for.

Never had an unexpected charge.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

To: lizdance40

I read my contracts, I read ALL the fine prints and have a copy of them. I voice recorded ALL conversations with AT&T agents, save chat transcripts, emails AND took date stamped screenshots of any promotional deal. I take ALL these precautions because of experience dealing with crap like this.

Guess what. They just lied to my face and charged me a service fee ($99) for a Fiber 1000 Internet installation EVEN THOUGH the deal was with $99 fee waived. Even the current online deal (2/25/2019) still states that the $99 is waived. I called customer service rep and some dude in India named "James" (wouldn't give me his ID) said that the order number I gave is invalid and he has a different order number which doesn't have the $99 waived fee. And yes, I have the email proof of my order from att.com, I have a screenshot of the promo at the time I ordered AND a recording of "James". He wouldn't even let me send the proofs to him or send me to his superior

So you might be a very lucky customer but don't assume that other people are as lucky as you. Fact is this is a *** company based on the number of complaints they get

[word filter avoidance]

AT&T offer 2019-02-25 at 4.51.43 PM 2.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

Okay, so you read the deal, and saved it.   So make AT&T adhere to it.   The written agreements and published offers protect you and give you leverage if they aren’t followed.  James in the Call center is immaterial.   Now had you selected the 100 tier service, which clearly does not waive the fee, then I would give side eye for not reading the published offer.   

If a call to AT&T during regular business hours about their published offer doesn’t remove or credit the fee, then file a BBB complaint.  

BTW, this is wireless (cell phones) not home internet.   I tell people to read because they often think they are entitled to something they aren’t, or think they have a service contract, which they don’t.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.