Need help understanding your bill?
otterdriver0601's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 3:10 AM

Closed

Temporarliy suspend 1 of 4 phones

I want to suspend 1 phone from my family plan for a short period. Can I do this online and how?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

15 years ago

You can suspend a line from your online account manager:

https://www.wireless.att.com/olam/dashboardAction.olamexecute

Question:
How can I report a lost or stolen phone? Answer:
If your phone is lost or stolen, you can suspend your wireless service to protect against unauthorized charges. Once suspended, no incoming or outgoing calls can be placed or received using your phone. Data services, access to voicemail and access to call forwarding will also be suspended.  Suspending your wireless service does not release your wireless phone number - it will be retained for you.   

You can report your phone as lost or stolen by logging into myWireless Account and following these instructions:
  1. From the myWireless Account home page, select Phone/Device.
  2. Select the Report Lost/Stolen Phone link in the right hand navigation section under Phone/Device Support.
  3. Review the list of lines on your account. If a line is not already suspended, you'll see Active in the Status column.
  4. Click the Suspend button that corresponds to your lost or stolen phone line.
  5. Confirm your transaction.
  6. If you have Wireless Phone Insurance, you can file a replacement request simply by calling 1-888-562-8662.
  7. If you do not have Wireless Phone Insurance, visit the following topic for options on replacing your phone:  How do I replace a lost or stolen phone?

To reactivate a line:
  2. Select the Report Lost/Stolen Phone link in the right hand navigation section under Phone/Device Support.
  3. Review the list of lines on your account. If a line has already been reported as lost or stolen, you'll see Lost&Suspended in the Status column.
  4. Click the Activate button that corresponds to your lost or stolen phone line.
  6. To ensure the phone is working properly, please test both incoming and outgoing calls.

You must be registered and logged into myWireless Account to report your phone as lost or stolen online. For assistance with login and registration, please choose one of the following topics:

How do I register for myWireless Account?
How do I login to myWireless Account?
What if I forgot my password for myWireless Account?

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

15 years ago

You will need to call customer service to do this.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567 

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

15 years ago

@Planet-Ed wrote:

You can suspend a line from your online account manager:

https://www.wireless.att.com/olam/dashboardAction.olamexecute

Question:
How can I report a lost or stolen phone? Answer:
If your phone is lost or stolen, you can suspend your wireless service to protect against unauthorized charges. Once suspended, no incoming or outgoing calls can be placed or received using your phone. Data services, access to voicemail and access to call forwarding will also be suspended.  Suspending your wireless service does not release your wireless phone number - it will be retained for you.   

You can report your phone as lost or stolen by logging into myWireless Account and following these instructions:
  2. Select the Report Lost/Stolen Phone link in the right hand navigation section under Phone/Device Support.
  3. Review the list of lines on your account. If a line is not already suspended, you'll see Active in the Status column.
  4. Click the Suspend button that corresponds to your lost or stolen phone line.
  6. If you have Wireless Phone Insurance, you can file a replacement request simply by calling 1-888-562-8662.
  7. If you do not have Wireless Phone Insurance, visit the following topic for options on replacing your phone:  How do I replace a lost or stolen phone?

To reactivate a line:
  2. Select the Report Lost/Stolen Phone link in the right hand navigation section under Phone/Device Support.
  3. Review the list of lines on your account. If a line has already been reported as lost or stolen, you'll see Lost&Suspended in the Status column.
  4. Click the Activate button that corresponds to your lost or stolen phone line.
  6. To ensure the phone is working properly, please test both incoming and outgoing calls.

You must be registered and logged into myWireless Account to report your phone as lost or stolen online. For assistance with login and registration, please choose one of the following topics:

How do I register for myWireless Account?
How do I login to myWireless Account?
What if I forgot my password for myWireless Account?

Missed that one! 

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

15 years ago

I just spend way too much time surfing the Answer Center.  i need an Intervention.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@Planet-Ed wrote:
I just spend way too much time surfing the Answer Center.  i need an Intervention.

Would you like me to call them and set you up???? I watch Intervention ALL the time!!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

BTW...what did you miss??? Just curious....Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Dcookie on 05-06-2009 03:00:09 AM
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.