Need help understanding your bill?
Ju13s's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2013 3:37 PM

Switching from Tmobile to AT&T

I'm switching from Tmobile and I have 2 weeks left on my contract. I'd like to keep my phone number, do I have to wait for the 2 weeks to be up or can I switch now?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

You can open an AT&T account now but you CANNOT port your number until your contract is completed.
You will need to complete your entire contract before completely switching or you will have to pay early termination fee.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks! What I needed to know.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I was on my husband tmobil account where he still have 4 lines active, he removed my cell account and we changed it to att. We had a att representative explained to us that ATT will pay up to $600 toward my tmobil device. Att has my tmobil device, since this deal was done in February. And now I have a ATT device. We summited the last bill from tmobil to get out gift card to pay off my tmobil bill but we had been told by the store representative and your phone representative that since the tmobil  bill shows the word REMOVE and not the words FINAL BILL we are not getting our gift card to pay off the tmobil bill...we had tried to explain over and over again that tmobile CAN'T give  final bill because there are 4 other active lines in the tmobil account. We had called ATT and gotten the response of "oh well too bad to sad if the bill doesn't read final bill the deal will not apply to you", a very unprofessional answer. Our sales associates was very pleasant but she at all times knew that there was 5 lines a tmobil because at 2 different times she tried to get us to switch all 5 lines to ATT and I strongly feel that she should had advised us that we were going to run into this problem. My switch or tracking number is 827726324. I'm very disappointed with this situation and I feel it is a scam. I had sign up to twitter to start letting people know that switching from one cell company to ATT is not a good idea since what was promised is a scam and a lie. I'm also thinking about letting the better business bureau know that not only ATT has other political problems, they are also ripping off their customers...If you would like to reply to my concerns and keep me a loyal customer I will look forward to listening to you. Thank you

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.