Need help understanding your bill?
zappevn's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 19th, 2013 5:26 PM

Switching a Mobile Share tablet to phone, while the tablet is under contract: possible?

I'm a bit stumped, and want an idea of what I'm getting into before I change. Long story short, I need another phone line on the Mobile Share plan, already have an iPhone I'd like to use, and just want to replace the iPad line since it's not used much. The iPad is under contract. Would this be possible?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

294 Messages

10 years ago

Unless policy has changed, you should be able to use the phone number associated with the tablet with the iphone instead. If same sim is used, you can insert sim in iphone and call customer care to let them know. If sim doesn't match, you'd need to get a new sim for the iphone. 

I used to convert tablet lines into regular phone lines and vice versa for customers with no problem. Since the tablet uses a cellular phone number for data, this was very easy to do. If you do this, there would be no etf since the etf is for the phone number on the tablet. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@zappevn wrote:

I'm a bit stumped, and want an idea of what I'm getting into before I change. Long story short, I need another phone line on the Mobile Share plan, already have an iPhone I'd like to use, and just want to replace the iPad line since it's not used much. The iPad is under contract. Would this be possible?

If you obtained the device at a subsidzied price for 2 years you would be required to pay the etf for the device. It appears to share the same etf as a smartphone - 325.00 - (10.00 * number of fullfilled billing cycles).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Actually, ETF for tablet is $150 minus $4 -- http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/early-term-fees.jsp

But that makes sense in general, thank you
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.