For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Dylanamiot's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 12:02 AM

Used switcher program, do I need to contact Verizon to cancel?

Switcher from Verizon to AT&T on the switcher program, do I need to contact Verizon to cancel. Was under the understanding I didn't need to but I haven't gotten any communication saying it's been cancelled

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Dylanamiot Did you port ALL your "lines" over (phones, tablets, hotspots, watch)?

If you did all, it should be canceled.

If you left one device, the plan isn't canceled.

I'm not sure if they notify you or just send you the last bill later.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I was talked into switching 2 phones over from Verizon to att with the promise my final $292.35 bill would be paid by att but to date no money has been sent in any form and I pay my $300.00 plus bill every month since I also switched my internet and tv to att. I would think that giving me around $300.00 for everything I have changed would be no problem but here Iam sending an email to god only knows who to even find a site to check the status of the tracking number I was sent by att. There are many options in my area for packages just like the one I have with att and would save me some money so I will think hard on my decision to switch. I will tell all I can about making a move to att.     Neil [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@bakes2

The switch offer will pay off what you owe on phones (if anything).   If your ATT bill is $300, was any part of the $292.35 final Verizon bill for PHONES or was it all service?   

Did you receive any credit for trading in phones?  How much?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@bakes2 Here is the website for checking the status: https://extrameasures.att.com/#/home. You might also want to read all the conditions of the switch offer to make sure you met them.

• 

46 Messages

3 years ago

You don't need to contact Verizon to cancel your service, contact Directv to cancel it for you. :)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.