Need help understanding your bill?
WantMymOney's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2017 3:53 PM

Switcher offer

Hello, my family did the Switcher offer in late March of 2016. All phones were returned and I have yet to receive a dime from AT&T. I've called the Switcher offer number only to be put on hold and hung up on. Ive been in stores & asked for help but they don't care. Why is it so difficult? I have emails stating my money was sent but it never arrived.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@WantMymOney How did you return the phones? By mail or at a store?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Did you receive trade in credits on the phones?  These would have been immediate in store, or mailed if you sent in phones by mail.  

The trade in credits are part one of the reimbursement.  If that amount was received and exceeded your ETF, you are done.  

If your final bill was reimbursed, but cards not received, you need to first contact Young America, then ATT (click here  > @ATTMobilityCare and message ) then the BBB.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I am going through the same thing

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Tyjs2017 wrote:
I am going through the same thing

Kinda vague.  

If you can tell us all the steps you have followed and the dates that you did those steps, I bet we can help you figure some things out...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

1. I was informed by at&t about the switcher program the day I purchased my new phone and service 11/26/2016 I was informed to Just bring in my last bill from sprint when I received it and at&t would pay up to $650 my balance was $263.00... that's all I was told. 2. on 12/24/2016 I brought in my last bill from sprint the at&t employee called there service line entered all my information and I talked with at&t representative on the phone and was told I would received a credit card in the mail for the $263 for my remaining balance form sprint on my third billing cycle 3. 1/28/2017 I received a letter from at&t that I needed to email them a copy my last bill from sprint ( eve thought I had been to the at7t STORE WITH THE BILL IN HAND and the at&t employee entered all my information ) 4. emailed my last bill from sprint to at&t PER there request 1/14/2017 5. went to the at&t store 2/26/2017 and was told they could no help me

#- Please type your reply above this line -##

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Tyjs2017 wrote:
1. I was informed by at&t about the switcher program the day I purchased my new phone and service 11/26/2016 I was informed to Just bring in my last bill from sprint when I received it and at&t would pay up to $650 my balance was $263.00... that's all I was told.

Did you turn in your old phones to AT&T?

http://att.com/switch

The offer is basically for AT&T pay off your commitment, but the commitment is for your phones, you need to turn those in (basically because you're selling the old phones to AT&T).

2. on 12/24/2016 I brought in my last bill from sprint the at&t employee called there service line entered all my information and I talked with at&t representative on the phone and was told I would received a credit card in the mail for the $263 for my remaining balance form sprint on my third billing cycle

I didn't know you could actually do that in the store, but maybe some do that.

The offer says to do it on-line or mail it in, but maybe some stores will do the on-line part for you.

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 8.29.27 PM.png

3. 1/28/2017 I received a letter from at&t that I needed to email them a copy my last bill from sprint ( eve thought I had been to the at7t STORE WITH THE BILL IN HAND and the at&t employee entered all my information )

Okay, maybe it does not work that way. As I said, I'd not realized that you could do it that way.

4. emailed my last bill from sprint to at&t PER there request 1/14/2017

Assuming everthing is done correctly, "You’ll be mailed your AT&T Promotion Visa® Prepaid card within 4-6 weeks after you’ve completed all eligibility requirements, including keeping your account in good standing for 45 days."

Six weeks is coming up fast.

5. went to the at&t store 2/26/2017 and was told they could no help me

It's not handled by the store, so that makes sense.

My BIG concern is you didn't mention turning in any phones, but maybe it just didn't get mentioned.

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.