Need help understanding your bill?
SwordArt's profile

Tutor

• 

22 Messages

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 3:39 AM

Strange txt msg from 28891323

I received 7 TXT Msgs from 28891323 number . Same msg sent 30 seconds apart from each other saying, " AT&T Free Message: Notice: Mobile line (my cell number was here) on your account has consented to share phone location or other subscriber, account, and device data with third parties. Please do not reply to this txt. Thank you for choosing at&t. " My daughter was watching you tube videos at the time of the msgs coming through. She didnt even have the phone in her hand so she could not have clicked on anything. Yall have any idea of what this may be? Did i get hacked?

monthly paid account, android, moto g5 plus

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Did you ever figure out what this was about?  I just got these same exact messages rapid fire (4 or 5) and have no idea what triggered it.  I most certainly did not consent to anything much less sharing my data with 3rd parties.  Would love to know why they think this is okay.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I received the same message four times this evening, and hadn’t used my phone for several hours. Earlier today I was using an app on my iPhone to search for a movie and shared my location to find the nearest theater. This is something I’ve done probably a few dozen times with different apps over the last few years.  Could that have triggered these messages? Why now? Any information would be appreciated. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just 4 texts within 30 minutes

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I also received 5 of these messages. 3 at 6:25am and now 2 at 6:47am. The first 3, I was sleeping and the most recent 2 occurred when I unlocked my phone. I will be contacting AT&T later today about this. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I think everyone should throw there atat phones away, obviously compromised by some terrorist or hacker,

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I received over 40 of this message from 28891323 in 1.5 hours. after digging found where I can view and change my preferences for third party sharing.

att.com/cmpchoice

found out it was a banking site that asked for permission to send a code to my mobile every time I attempt to log in to its site. Hope this is the fix. AT&T rep stated that they are aware of the issue, and are working on resolution.

Tutor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

No. Never heard anything yet. I am starting to wonder if at&t has been hacked. Because when i reported number as a spam number att replied to me saying thank you and the same number that replied to me from att had sent me that same txt about consent.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.