Need help understanding your bill?
smzoel's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 3:33 PM

Starbucks Card eGift from AT&T

I just received an email stating that AT&T has sent me a Starbucks Card eGift of $20.  It looks like it is from Starbucks, but, it is generated from Russia.  When I searched for AT&T and Starbucks, I was led to the community boards but not allowed to see the page.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, smzoel!

Thanks for posting. What you're describing definitely sounds like a phishing attempt. To learn more about phishing scams and how to protect yourself, please click on the link below.

Protect Yourself from Phishing Scams

Let me know if that helps!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Has anyone else received an email purportedly from Starbucks, saying that AT&T has sent them a $20 e-gift card - out of the blue?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Phishing scam?

Guru

• 

498 Messages

9 years ago

I got one, too.  Checked the headers, it originated from a source in Russia.  I wouldn't count on receiving any lattes.

Do NOT click on the 'Print' link!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

The good thing is it is only going to AT&T/Yahoo users, the bad thing is my wife is one of them and she did open and try to print... after I advised not to... I have not yet found out what damage has been done.

Has anybody else seen the affects of opening and saving it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

My wife got one and she is a Verizon user, never had a Yahoo account. Never had an ATT account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I see no damage to my computers at this time. 

@tndirdman wrote:

The good thing is it is only going to AT&T/Yahoo users, the bad thing is my wife is one of them and she did open and try to print... after I advised not to... I have not yet found out what damage has been done.

Has anybody else seen the affects of opening and saving it?

Not yet-I too opened and hit print. I called Starbucks and they said it was a scam

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

I received it last month and immediately deleted it,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I don't have AT&T or yahoo & I just got it. It came in my junk so I knew it was a scam. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I do not use Yahoo but did recieve an email for a $20 gift certificate at Starbucks.  I use AVG fro virus protection, including sending/recieving of emails.  Downloaded the file but was unable to open that type of file, not indicating any virus or trojan horse.  Sent it to my daughtrer in San Deigo and she printed it out from her workplace.  Accidentally deleting it, she emailed me requesting I re-send it.  I still happened to have it, but when I tried, AVG now found it as a Trojan Horse (CRYPT3.BEUI).  Why it didn't tell me that the first time, I have no idea? Just for the heck of it, I tred attaching it a second time, sending it to my daughter.  This time, AVG would not allow it.  Your guess is as good as mine, but I did delete it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.