Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Someone is using my phone number to make calls

Contributor

Someone is using my phone number to make calls

I lost my phone and got it replaced recently.  Now I keep getting calls from people that say they missed my call when I did not call them.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎07-12-2018 3:19 PM

Re: Someone is using my phone number to make calls

That likely has nothing to do with your phone being lost unless someone found your phone and used it before you got it replaced. If those calls did come from your line, they will be on your call log. However, spammers and telemarketers regularly use number spoofing to make their calls look like they are coming from a local number. Your line probably did not actually call, your number was spoofed. It happens to just about everyone and there is nothing you can do about it other than tell the callers you did not call them. The spammers and scammers usually only use a number a short time and move n to another one.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Someone is using my phone number to make calls

I got a call saying I’m calking this number harassing them, but I’ve havent made any calls, But the number appears on your call log, but I’ve never made that call? 

Can someone have hacked my phone ? Is my phobe being Spoof? 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support