Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Someone else with the same number?

Contributor

Someone else with the same number?

so i have had my phone # since before i was 16 and i am 30 now. the past few months i have been getting both calls and text messages for someone named dean. most are just telemarketing calls and messages. and i have blocked the calls as they come in, however the text messages have been the more irritating ones lately. i have been looking into how to stop it, besides just blocking all the numbers (which their are several now) and in doing so i used a reverse phone # lookup site that says my number is registered to a d- c-. It wont give me the name unless i pay for the sites service but i am assuming its the dean i keep getting soliciting messages for. is there any way to fix this? i have had this number so long i refuse to change it.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by knotaprincess
‎03-04-2019 8:25 AM

Re: Someone else with the same number?

No, no one else has your number, only you. Pay no attention to those reverse lookup sites. Now it is possible because of number spoofing for any telemarketer or scammer to make their calls or texts look like they are coming from any number including yours but they aren’t actually using your number.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support