Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Someone else is using my phone number to email text messages. How to get it to stop?

Contributor

Someone else is using my phone number to email text messages. How to get it to stop?

I have been receiving mail delivery failure messages regarding text messages that I never personally sent. They are all being sent by email, with {myphonenumber}@att.txt.net as the sender. I didn't even realize one could send a text via email before all this, so they definitely were not sent by me. How is this happening and what can I do to stop it?
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by MazikeenP
‎06-30-2017 5:08 PM

Re: Someone else is using my phone number to email text messages. How to get it to stop?

Spammers and scammers regularly use that technique to send their junk and unfortunately, there is nothing I know of that you can do about it. The only good news is they usually only use a number a short time and move on to another.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Re: Someone else is using my phone number to email text messages. How to get it to stop?

Thanks so much!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

This is happening to me now, and it has been going on for about a week. I'm not so confident it will stop.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Someone is giving my phone number to small businesses telling them that I need their services. I've received 4 unrequested calls today. Can anything be done about this?

Message 5 of 8
Tutor

I can [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

I can

Message 7 of 8
Tutor

I can prize?

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support