Need help understanding your bill?
Tomsvortex's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 4:17 PM

Sim swap removed my unlimited data+1500 Txt Package. Takes 5 Days to get back to me about Restoring?

History:

I live in the Hampton Roads, VA. I originaly was on Suncom about 8 or 9 years ago. They swapped markets with Cingular. I had my Suncom "Unplan" grandfathered in. 2 lines first for $55 and second shares the unlimited for $30 more. I never renewed. after switching to Cingular I bought a Nokia 6600 outright to use.. then I bought a Blackberry 8700 outright adding a BES Data plan to go with it that included teathering. This was before they actually had specific plans to teather. But it was a given that being provisioned for the BES account that I would be doing that. 

I've kept this data plan for years going through a BB 8300 and 8800 bought outright at the store till I got a ATT FUZE Windows phone and it automaticly changed it to a "Blackberry Connect Unlimited Plan". When I upgraded to the 8800 from the 8300. Handed down the pearl to my second line and added "Blackberry BIS Unlimited Personal Max with 1500txt" 39.99 to that line. That phone broke and it has been on that plan on both a nokia and a palm centro for almost 2 years. My main line has been on the Captivate since the day it came out. (still on Blackberry Connect Unlimited Data)

What happened Yesterday:

I wanted to get a new phone for the palm centro.. I looked online and contemplated doing the upgrade to get a phone cheap.               

Adding $30 Unlimited data and $30 Flamily Txt msging,

Removeing the $20 unlimited off the main line and the $39.99 Blackberry BIS Unlimited Personal Max with 1500txt

So it balanced out.  

It was also letting me keep "My Exsisting Plan".

I could not complete the transaction because my blilling address was different than my creditcard billing. So I went to the store and they said they could not do the $30 family msg because of my grandfathered voice plan. I asked why does it let me select it then??? I left the store very disapointed. Called CS and they couldn't do it either even tried to save my cart and she didn't see it. So I went out and Bought an iPhone 4 32gig. Cut down the still "Cingular" sim and poped it in the phone. Only to find that data did not work. I called CS and They wanted to change me off the Unlimited data plan that included the 1500 txt for 39.99 for and Iphone $30 and another $20 for txt.  I did not want to pay more... Got off the phone with them. I figured out I could change the APN myself and did so. It worked perfectly.

Now I find myself this morning staring at a txt on the phone saying that the phone required a data plan. (THAT LINE HAS A DATA PLAN) And they added it for me.......... Without warning they took off my ulimited data+1500msg for 39.99 and put 3gig with no visual voicemail for $30 and 1500txt for $15. I called CS imiditely and they say I have to wait 5 days for someone to handle my case # to have it added back??? What is this waiting 5 days. I asked for supervisor and she game me same lines that I had to wait? Why is this why can't the matter be taken care of right then... 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

So here is what has come of all this...

I was not given back my granfathered unlimited+1500 txt for 39.99.

AT&T is working harder to clamp down its system on what devices are being used. So if you sim swap to different phones or do upgrades yourself buying phones to keep your gradfathered plans be very cautious. Especialy if that next new phone is an iPhone. Since the main source of the problem has been unlimited data users with the iPhone they have more tracking on that device than any other. Just my theory anyway. I've never had a problem putting my sims in any other device. My main line still has Ulimited blackberry BES provisioning(at the time I got it included teathering) and I use an Android device I bought full price(over $500) and I have never had a problem.

It seems that their system tracks anything to do with an iPhone more closely.

Seems to me they put these things in place in their system on purpose. They want users to sim swap and have their unlimited data and messaging plans inadvertantly kicked off by the system and changed to a tiered plan fitting for that device...

What happen to the genaric Smartphone data plans... they want to clamp down on thier customers...

I know people with unlimited feature phone data for $10 a month and they have swapped to an android device. But I doubt they use over 100mb and use wifi.

The most i've ever used is 2.5 gig. in a month. But I don't even use 1gig anymore because I have taylored my android device to be power efficent with an app and a custom rom so I use wifi at home and at work without totaly killing my battery. I only used large ammounts of data when I was on the road with the Job I had and uploading data and pictures for work was needed. I know it would be cheaper to get smaller data plans but with the newer faster data devices coming out I know can easily use alot of data very fast and I would like to keep the peace of mind of having unlimited data. I know people are fighting the throttling of unlimited data..

AT&T did not resolve this issue to my satisfaction. The time it took to be worked on and the outcome were not what I wanted.

I settled for unlimited data for iphone $30 and 1500txt for $15 Thats $5 more a month than I was paying. They compensated with a $160 credit to my acct ( the $5 over the corse of 2 years)

I wanted either to have the Unlimited data and 1500 txt for 39.99 added back and for use with my iPhone 4 I bought outright.

Or make family txting work with my grandfathered unlimited voice plan. Cost would have been the same because that would remove Ulimited txt $20 off my first line.

Did not get either of what I wanted. They just want to up the cost and limit my options to get me to switch from unlimited voice and data for cheaper limited plans that would put me in a contract as well.

StrightTalk micro sims seem appealing with unlimited everything for $45 a month. They use the AT&T network.. But even thier "unlimted" is limited reading articles online of people being cut off for useing too much...

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Now I get a call this morning saying they would restore the unlimited with 1500 txt for 39.99 but to make it work I would need to provide them with the imei on the phone and go to a store and get a new micro sim and it would be fixed. She said she was going to call me at a specific time 3:00pm so I rushed down to the store and did this. She called and got the # from the new sim before I put it into the phone and said I was good to go and she would note a follow up call to make sure everything was done correctly. Well it ended up nothing was fixed. I still have it messed up and now I'm on the phone with CS again and they are saying its now the 25th to be resolved instead of the 24th as the original case stated.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble. 

I want to make sure we get this taken care of for you but don't want to interrupt anything already in progress that might further delay resolving this. Let's see if we can get this completely a little more quickly though. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Please include any ticket numbers you've received as part of your work to fix this. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

I have sent you a PM. My issue still has not been resolved.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Got it, thanks!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Well, what can you do to help....

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I'm sorry - did you not receive my PM regarding escalating this for you?

It looks like Charmaine sent you an email this morning, shortly after I replied to your private message.

Please let me know if you didn't receive her email. 

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Got the email. But still I have no resolution.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I'm sorry we haven't been able to resolve your issue yet, some things take a bit more time than others. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Charmaine(Part of ATT social media team) has contacted me by phone. After explaining several times again she understands the situation as I have explained in the original post. I listed all the employee names and employee #s I have contacted with to her. She has also informed me that I have already had 2 case #s and they have both been marked as closed with the issue not being resolved.  In writing up a new case # just now she tells me it may be upto 5 more days. This is quite the run around.... ATT does a great Job of wasting customers time on the phone while  pointing the finger at someone else to resolve the issue while they can't themselves. Well get these people on the phone!, I say.  ...   I get back "I don't know their schedule", "They could be on vacation", "i don't know what part of the country they are in". You call me and tell me you can't fix this. Get someone on that can and resolve it now!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.