Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Serious Account/Customer Service Issue

Contributor

Serious Account/Customer Service Issue

ATT,

I am going to start this email off by saying that I have been a loyal customer for just about 10 years. I have never had a late payment or missed a payment. Now with that being said he is the issue.

Back when the iPhone 7 came out ATT had a promotion where if you turned in an eligible iPhone 6 ATT gave you a iPhone 7 and made the installment payments. So I turned in my iPhone 6 and got the iPhone 7. No problems.

Fast forward to Nov 2017. I decided to pay off both of my phones (iPhone 7 & iPhone 6S). For the next 3 months (Dec, Jan and Feb) ATT made the installment payment of $27.09. In March of 2018 ATT stopped making the payments and my bill went up. So I called ATT and asked why my bill went up and this is what I found out. Apparently in the fine print on the promotion it stated that if I upgraded or paid off the phone it would void the promotion. I honestly do not remember my sales person telling me that. They were happy to sell me the phone and send me on my way as fast as they could.

So, I called ATT back and explained the situation to them (numerous people). I asked to be refunded the money I spent to pay off the phone $312.49, which ATT did after about 5 phone calls. I said now all you have to do now is re-initialize the installments and everything will go back to normal. 

I talked to numbers people thought a 2 week period and they all said that they had fixed the issue and would just take 24-48 hours to reflect the changes when I log into my account. So I check my account and no changes ever occurred. The $312.49 that was refunded to me now shows up on my bill as a past due amount. So I call back again and inquire about these changes that were supposed to have taken place and NO BODY can help me. Every person I talk to says there is NOTHING they can do for me. Yet every time I call the person on the phone thanks for me being a long time customer of 10 years. 

I like using ATT and I have never had an issue up until now. But ever representative i talk to all the way up to supervisors/managers and retention people just say there is nothing they can do. This is UNACCEPTABLE. 

I have had my service cut off twice in the past 2 weeks becuase of this. Most recent i was traveling from Virginia to New Jersey and in the middle of my trip my phone service was cut off. My wife is pregnant and i have a small child and had to stop and find an ATT store just to be able to call customer service. I spent an hour in this store and all i heard was there is nothing they can do. I requested to speak to management and the person on the phone stated it would require a call back. I told them that was fine and they asked what number I wanted the call back to go to. I told them my cell phone because its the only phone that I have.

ATT would not even re-activate my phone until this call back. This is UNACCEPTABLE. So my wife and I had to purchase prepaid SIM cards and get new numbers until this situation is resolved. That cost me $70. I even asked the representative if they could do something until this gets sorted out and all they keep saying is  THEY CANNOT HELP ME AND I'M SORRY. 

There must be somebody in ATT that values their customers and wants to help them when there is an issue. I would love to hear back from this person because this issue is a huge inconvenience to me and my family. 

Please call me and I will answer/explain anything you wish to fix this issue.

Cell *****

Thank You

Casey [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]
Message 1 of 11
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎04-26-2018 1:15 PM

Re: Serious Account/Customer Service Issue

1.    This is not email or how you reach ATT.  This is a customer populated forum 

2.   This is the way all phone promotions work.  Had you read your bill after upgrading to the iPhone 7 you would have seen the installment AND the credit.  

3.  Paying off installments, or canceling the line stops the credits.  It was in the promotional details.  Your not reading it doesn’t mean your exempt.

4.  Putting you back on installments isn’t a normal practice, it’s a one way operation and I’m surprised they agreed to try whenso much time had passed.  

5.   No matter what, if your bill isn’t current, ATT is not happy with you and is far less likely to cooperate.  You need to pay your bill in full.

You can reach ATT by phone or chat.  With the amount of time since you paid off the phones I’m not optimistic this can be reversed.  

IMG_5250.JPGIMG_4709.PNG

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Tutor

I went on a cruise to Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico, and Cayman Islands in March. First time ever on a cruise. I get home and find a $270++ bill for data usage from my cell phone.  I immediately called ATT and told them I did not understand the charges and the person on the phone tells me she will escalate the issue and get it resolved. After not hearing back from ATT I look online and my bill is $606.00! I call 611 and speak to Pinky Joy. She assures me the charges are removed and she is sending another communication to the escalation department since it is International. She provided me with the remaining balance due and I immediately paid it on 4/18. On Sunday 4/22, as I am heading to church I notice my call is not able to access the internet. I then call ATT technichal support to help me and they inform me my account has been suspended for the International charges. At this point I have been on hold over 2 hours, sent to Phillipines and Mexico call centers. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I get Rey in the Phillipines. Behold the rudest man I have ever talked to. It was not until I told him I recorded his tone and rude demeanor that he credited me $30 for the inconvenience. It wasn't until my husband gets on the phone that he credits my account $30. This is all after I was told be an ATT representative Pinky Joy the $272 charges would be removed! Rey tells me I need to call unified billing in America if I want anything else done. I then have every agent refusing to connect me to unified billing. I finally get Alex in Unified billing that again gives me my balance due and tells me he will credit me $50. I look at my bill today and he did not apply any credit or leave any notes on my account. I then try to call Alex and get Monica in Philipines who said there is no manager because they are in meetings and cannot call me back. She again tells me there are notes from Rey that all they can do is what they applied with the $30 credit.  She refused to connect me to Unified billing.

I have 6 lines with ATT. I have been loyal and love ATT. This has been the worst service I have ever experience. ATT is getting too big and does not value customer loyalty. 

Can someone please call me back and help me? Should I go the the ATT store in person? 

Message 3 of 11
Teacher

I think you hit the nail on the head with the comment ATT isgetting too big and doesn't value their loyal longtime customers 

Message 4 of 11
Teacher

Hi lizdance40

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this subject.If you are not an AT&T employee,do you study phone company plans for pleasure?

Best advice I’ve ever heard”Your not reading does not mean you’re exempt”

Message 5 of 11
Contributor

I, too, have 6 lines with ATT. I have been overbilled for 3 months, now. I am fed up!! I have been escalated to Unified billing supervisors, but there has been NO CHANGE!! My new bill just came for almost $500. Not good. I'm pretty much done!

Message 6 of 11
ACE - Expert

@ksn2018 wrote:

I, too, have 6 lines with ATT. I have been overbilled for 3 months, now. I am fed up!! I have been escalated to Unified billing supervisors, but there has been NO CHANGE!! My new bill just came for almost $500. Not good. I'm pretty much done!

If you give us some more details we might be able to offer assistance or point you in the direction of someone who can. 

What plan do you have (the exact name on the bill)? Do you have phone installments? You mention Unified billing...do you have other service(s) with AT&T or is it just sell phones?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 11
ACE - Sage

@ksn2018

Unified billing. . . Eeeek.   Not worth the $120 a year savings for the hassle it creates on some accounts.  

The way it runs isn’t very unified.  The payments go to one department then they pay the other department.  It’s idiodtic.  

I suggest you file an FCC complaint, keep your bill current, they will have to credit you all over payment eventually.     The FCC will forward the complaints to ATT upper management and they will have someone contact you who is really capable of fixing things.  

Google FCC complaints

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 11
Contributor

my granddaughter wanted to opt out of my plan I told her no NO no you can't they will charge me for that phone. she said yes nana, however under pressure from someone she calls cancelation department the tell her sure will credit your nanas account and send you an envelope you send it back no problem. next bill I get is 1,401.70 I start contacting att telling at least 5 agents what happened they they all agreed they are checking notes telling me that agent should not have done this were sorry last agent is going to file grievance I waite. my phone gets shut off.....I manage to find a phone call customer service and she says after 5 agents confirmed with me cancelation agent messed up that cancelation did tell gd she was outside cancelation point...this is bogus why would 5 agents tell me 1st agent messed up then after greviance, notes have changed because notes were faulcified to suit your bleeding me.....  so I pray about and pay this outrageous bill I use chat spoke with joel told him I paid my bill using my banks e-bank and gave him my banks conformation# he thanked me.  told me the service will be restored shortly, sensing Im upset this cancelation he said I'd like to transfer you to my supervisor Paul I tell him I would like to chat with you supervisor.  supervisor paul is on the chat line I begin to tell him the problem he types he is not restoring my service he is not seeing my payment verification and will not restore my service I tell him I have been a loyal customer and have paid my bill month after month year after year with the same bank account for years and years and years he basically said no I'm not restoring your service I am this is now the next day and still no service on my phone my bank has sent in this payment and I still have no service

Message 9 of 11
ACE - Sage

@4nohea wrote:

my granddaughter wanted to opt out of my plan I told her no NO no you can't they will charge me for that phone. she said yes nana, however under pressure from someone she calls cancelation department the tell her sure will credit your nanas account and send you an envelope you send it back no problem. next bill I get is 1,401.70 I start contacting att telling at least 5 agents what happened they they all agreed they are checking notes telling me that agent should not have done this were sorry last agent is going to file grievance I waite. my phone gets shut off.....I manage to find a phone call customer service and she says after 5 agents confirmed with me cancelation agent messed up that cancelation did tell gd she was outside cancelation point...this is bogus why would 5 agents tell me 1st agent messed up then after greviance, notes have changed because notes were faulcified to suit your bleeding me.....  so I pray about and pay this outrageous bill I use chat spoke with joel told him I paid my bill using my banks e-bank and gave him my banks conformation# he thanked me.  told me the service will be restored shortly, sensing Im upset this cancelation he said I'd like to transfer you to my supervisor Paul I tell him I would like to chat with you supervisor.  supervisor paul is on the chat line I begin to tell him the problem he types he is not restoring my service he is not seeing my payment verification and will not restore my service I tell him I have been a loyal customer and have paid my bill month after month year after year with the same bank account for years and years and years he basically said no I'm not restoring your service I am this is now the next day and still no service on my phone my bank has sent in this payment and I still have no service

Sorry, but this is between you and your granddaughter. If she had account number and PIN code, she had the credentials to port out.    She should not have those credentials and now you know why not.   You are the sole person responsible for paying on the  account. 

At&t is correctly charged you for the phone.  . You have to pay At&t or it effects your service.  Once your full balance is paid service will be restored. 

Take it up with the kid, she owes you a lot of money.  

Message 10 of 11
Contributor

@gmail.com

Customer Service issue: 

I have been trying to contact customer service at AT&T for the past three days, and still haven't been able to talk to a" human being to be able to find out Why you don't recognize my email ID/Password!!!!;- it's only  been 10 years that we have been with them. I am disappointed that this company is so difficult to deal with!!!! and it is time for me to make a change!!!!

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support