Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Separate phones on my account

Contributor

Separate phones on my account

How do I separate two phones from my account?
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by garylapointe
‎06-11-2017 10:58 AM

Re: Transfer of Billing Responsibility

@Elmo0614 wrote:
How do I separate two phones from my account?

Follow the below steps (there is even a video)

Transfer of Billing Responsibility

• This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
  • Sometimes information I provide may not be specifically for you, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Tags (1)
    Message 2 of 5
    ACE - Expert
    Solution
    Accepted by topic author
    Accepted by Elmo0614
    ‎06-11-2017 10:53 AM

Re: Separate phones on my account

What do you mean by separate, move them to another account? If so, you need to initiate a transfer of billing responsibility: https://www.att.com/tobr/tobrHomePage.rt

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Tags (1)
    Message 3 of 5
    Contributor

I have a total of 4 lines on my account.  I'm tired of paying the bill and waiting for them to pay me. I tried transfer of billing and they say their credit isnt good enough. We all owe on our phones. I'm the main account holder on this account.  I want my own line or switch to prepaid. What's the best way to do this

Message 4 of 5
    ACE - Expert

@Lorij12 wrote:

I have a total of 4 lines on my account.  I'm tired of paying the bill and waiting for them to pay me. I tried transfer of billing and they say their credit isnt good enough. We all owe on our phones. I'm the main account holder on this account.  I want my own line or switch to prepaid. What's the best way to do this

If they don't accept a transfer, then you are stuck, as far as AT&T is concerned you purchased those phones and they are your responsibility.

The only other option is to port your line out and let it go to collections, but it's in your name, right?

You'll just have to kick them off the account after their phones are paid off.

I have the other people have their bank sent up to pay me automatically for their phones, I don't chase them down. This way if they forget, the money still comes (they'll have to put someone else off). 

• This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
  • Sometimes information I provide may not be specifically for you, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 5 of 5
    Share this topic
    Share this topic
    Additional Support