Need help understanding your bill?
Elmo0614's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 11th, 2017 5:46 PM

Separate phones on my account

How do I separate two phones from my account?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

What do you mean by separate, move them to another account? If so, you need to initiate a transfer of billing responsibility: https://www.att.com/tobr/tobrHomePage.rt

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Elmo0614 wrote:
How do I separate two phones from my account?

Follow the below steps (there is even a video)

Transfer of Billing Responsibility

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a total of 4 lines on my account.  I'm tired of paying the bill and waiting for them to pay me. I tried transfer of billing and they say their credit isnt good enough. We all owe on our phones. I'm the main account holder on this account.  I want my own line or switch to prepaid. What's the best way to do this

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Lorij12 wrote:

I have a total of 4 lines on my account.  I'm tired of paying the bill and waiting for them to pay me. I tried transfer of billing and they say their credit isnt good enough. We all owe on our phones. I'm the main account holder on this account.  I want my own line or switch to prepaid. What's the best way to do this

If they don't accept a transfer, then you are stuck, as far as AT&T is concerned you purchased those phones and they are your responsibility.

The only other option is to port your line out and let it go to collections, but it's in your name, right?

You'll just have to kick them off the account after their phones are paid off.

I have the other people have their bank sent up to pay me automatically for their phones, I don't chase them down. This way if they forget, the money still comes (they'll have to put someone else off). 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My account has been transferred, but I have not been able to create my own account because it says I already have one. Although, the only login information I can use is the old account information. How do I set up my own account post-transfer?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Is it possible to cancel billing transfer once it was agreed 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.