Need help understanding your bill?
BCG's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 6th, 2014 1:01 AM

Scam robocall from fake AT&T

I received a robo call on my cell from 800-*** claiming to be AT&T, offering $100 off my bill if I went to "iloveATT.com" & registered. I suspected fraud. My browser came up with this msg about that site: 

"Google Chrome has blocked access to iloveatt.com. This website has been reported as a phishing website. Phishing websites are designed to trick you into disclosing yr login, password or other sensitive information by disguising themselves as other websites you may trust.
So: warning to all , don't be taken in if you receive this call. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did anyone else receive an awkward message telling us that our ATT provider was going to give us 100 dollars once we logged in at ATTSUPPORTPLAN.com? 

Its a phishing phone number/website, don't go to it and certainly don't put your information in.

I'm just wondering if anyone else got the same telephone number. If they did - our information has been leaked and that is a problem.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Received a call from 800-***. Recorded message saying I was receiving a $21 reward from AT&T for being a customer. I should go to ATT21.com and register my information to receive the reward. Info from a search claims that this number is owned by Verizon. Could find nothing to support my belief that this is a scam. Couldn't find anything to say that is was legitimate. Erring on the side of safety, I'm not going to register my info with this website. If AT&T wants to give me a lousy $21, I think ** will freeze over before I see the $21.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

It is a scam, here is more info on those: Phone and Text Messaging Reward Scam

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just received a call with a pre-recorded message saying I'd been awarded $23 off my AT&T bill.  All I need do is go to www. att23.com, log in, and claim it.  Certainly sounds like a credential phishing scam.

[removed potentially hazardous link]

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

It is, stay away from it. See my post above for more details.

Thanks for posting!

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Received another call, this one offered a $23 bill credit reward. My phone number is the one I use to access our account to pay our monthly statement. The other lines on the account haven't received these calls. How are the scammers getting this information? I don't give out my cell number. If asked for it by companies I tell them I don't have a cell phone. The advice not to answer any call with a number you don't recognize is hard to follow. And the number of scam calls we receive on all our lines is becoming excessive.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just received call from my own number.  Had AT&T music.  Asked for pin and last 4 of social.  Do not give them info!  Talked to customer  service  and it's not them. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Received Robocall 11/20, 11:48am, from 816-702-5167 identified on caller ID as UNKNOWN.  Identified himself as AT&T and that company was cancelling service and to for me to select 1 to speak to a customer rep.  Of course, hang up and report that is my solution.  Been a loyal AT&T customer for decades.  AMCMURRY 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Received Robocall saying AT&T, 11/20, 11:48am, 816-702-5167 caller ID UNKNOWN. claiming AT&T cancelling service and to select 1 to speak to a customer rep.

Of course, hang up, report it, and stay vigilant from these people apparently working for criminal resources that can't get useful employment.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.