Need help understanding your bill?
BCG's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 6th, 2014 1:01 AM

Scam robocall from fake AT&T

I received a robo call on my cell from 800-*** claiming to be AT&T, offering $100 off my bill if I went to "iloveATT.com" & registered. I suspected fraud. My browser came up with this msg about that site: 

"Google Chrome has blocked access to iloveatt.com. This website has been reported as a phishing website. Phishing websites are designed to trick you into disclosing yr login, password or other sensitive information by disguising themselves as other websites you may trust.
So: warning to all , don't be taken in if you receive this call. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

Hello BCG,
You're right, that website is a phishing site. Thank you for the warning! There is already a post regarding this found here.  You can read more about these types of scams, here

If you feel that, or have reason to believe, your information was compromised contact AT&T Customer Care immediately.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

But how do you get them to stop calling???
I get at least 3-4 calls a week, often at totally inappropriate times. 

Is there some place I can send the 800 numbers they are using so at least someone at ATT can put an end to this?? Verizon has such a service. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've gotten 2 calls within the past few days. What the heck?! Thanks to those of you that clued me in that it's a scam.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Anyone been getting REPEATED automated calls from "youloveatt" offering a $100 reward?

If so, how do you stop it?

I've been getting calls on my cell phone every other day for weeks.

Explorer

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am disappointed that AT&T will not do more to help customers avaoid robocalls. There are apps available but they are not compatable with AT&T, e.g. Nomorobo.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i was contacted by att last night and they told me i won 500 dollars. is this true?

Associated Member

• 

152 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately that's not from AT&T. That is a scam to gain your personal information to use for fraud purposes. I would definitely ignore those messages.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I get the same thing, different 800# every day and every day they leave a message. Up to 12 calls and even used/spoofed the actual At&T #.

This is the only robocall I get directly on my cell. I have used an alias for years so this is new. The alias gets robocalls and they are ditched for free using youmail.com after seeing 800notes.com users touting it.

AT&T is too cheap to approve the govt prize winners solution NOMOROBO system.

I am sure this is going to build by the same scammers who are doing this round. They are directly targeting and KNOW this is an AT&T number.

Thanks for NOT caring AT&T!!! APPROVE THE NOMOROBO system for at&T!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

For the past month my wife and i have been receiving recorded calls via an unregistered number (800-***) on our cell phones promoting ATT's "$100 Bill Credit" marketing plan.

Many of these calls come at inopportune times. In fact my wife was expecting an important call from her doctor and so answered one of these calls while driving only to be ticketed by a policeman.   I'd like to know what genius at ATT thought that it was justified and that it was a good idea to randomly call anyone at anytime to support their marketing goals.

The only way to eliminate these calls is to call ATT and tell them to take you off of their call list. I used to be with ATT but left because of the poor service. I don't know how many other persons may have been inconvenienced and feel as i do, but I for one would NEVER CONSIDER going back to ATT so at least in my case, their marketing plan is a dismal failure.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@atplytdy wrote:

I get the same thing, different 800# every day and every day they leave a message. Up to 12 calls and even used/spoofed the actual At&T #.

This is the only robocall I get directly on my cell. I have used an alias for years so this is new. The alias gets robocalls and they are ditched for free using youmail.com after seeing 800notes.com users touting it.

AT&T is too cheap to approve the govt prize winners solution NOMOROBO system.

I am sure this is going to build by the same scammers who are doing this round. They are directly targeting and KNOW this is an AT&T number.

Thanks for NOT caring AT&T!!! APPROVE THE NOMOROBO system for at&T!!!!

or put your number on the local and federal Do Not call list, whne they call report them for fines

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.