Need help understanding your bill?
Luluna's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 3:03 AM

Scam? Call "from AT&T" asking for SS#

I just got a call from a 1-800 number ending in 8804. It was a recorded message saying that my AT&T account had been flagged for security reasons, and to give the last four numbers of the social security of the account holder "after the beep" in order to avoid an interruption in service. It sounded very suspicious to me, so I hung up. It's not legit, is it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I keep on getting phone calls from:  AT&T Alert: Spam Risk at *****.  Constantly during the past two weeks.  Is this legit?????

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I’m getting calls 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and 95% of then are automated. Talking about student loans, extended car warranty and other assorted crap. A bunch of them don’t answer at all to my hello. I want to know about, and if I contact them, will it put a stop to these nucence calls? Please tell me yes!
But, back to today. I knew it was to gd to be true, but I tried it anyway. The site on Facebook said they had an overstock-of IPhones. I had to complete the questionnaire to see if I met the criteria to qualify. I did qualify. Then answer like 50 questions. Then I had to make a purchase. I chose iTunes. Then it would not let me back on site to claim a gift card and the phone. I tried 3 times.
I contacted them and explained everything and they never responded. Only you. But then I was overwhelmed with calls about life insurance n crap.

So please help if you can.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Jallen2 What you need to do is quit answering calls from numbers you don’t recognize. When you answer those calls, you just get more.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Rewards4U MSG: Hi Jack, come back to claim your 1000 PayPal Gift Card. Go here: https://rwd-1.us/q2LyiEf4u Reply STOP to cancel

Sent from my iPhone

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Well I’m a Project Manager and I have to answer my phone and majority of my calls are numbers I don’t know yet. The heck of it is, they use local numbers to trick ya. Not from another state or city.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.