Need help understanding your bill?
Pittpalz's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, February 17th, 2014 9:43 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 Back-order in 2014?

Good Afternoon,

I am a new ATT customer and purchased a Samsung Galaxy 4 Active last week on Feb 10. I checked today one week later and still notice that the order is on back ordered. 

My questions is how long does it take for a phone that is on back order when it is not a newly released phone? I know the Active has been out for months and would understand if I was ordering it on its relase date, but this is not the case. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I regret not having checked this forum before ordering it online, if I had, I would have seen that the Active is back ordered since the promotion began in February.  I should have learned that ordering from the website wasn't a good idea because this happened the last time I upgraded online 5 years ago when I ordered a Sony phone and encountered the same thing.  Its a shame that its still the case today.

I'm very disappointed in AT&T that they don't have enough phones in stock when they run these promotions. They should have anticipated the higher demand accordingly. 

Fortunately, this time I currently have a phone that works (not that well, Samsung Infuse), so I'm not in a rush and can wait for a bit, but not forever.  If it doesn't arrive in the next three weeks, then I will return the phone when it finally gets here and pay the money and get the Samsung Galaxy S5 from a local third party vendor on April 11.

I'm glad that I didn't choose express shipping, because I would be furious right now.  I feel for those who did choose that option. 

Its also disappointing that AT&T only offers apologies for not having phones in stock, but offers nothing in the way of compensation for the incovenience that customers have incurred due to AT&T's lack of foresight.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I'm pleased to report that my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active arrived yesterday!  I ordered it on March 2, then got confirmation on March 3 and that it would ship between March 5 and March 7..  However, also on March 3 I was told that it was back ordered and wouldn't arrive for 2-4 weeks, so naturally I was upset.  Then on March 5, I received the same notice that it was back ordered.

But on the very same day, I received notification that the phone was shipped on March 5.  How unusual that I received another notice that it was back ordered, yet a few hours later, I am told that it shipped.  Then my phone arrived on March 7.

Thank you AT&T for making this right and shipping the phone on the originally intended ship date.  Better experience than the last time I ordered a phone.  Satisfied customer here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.