Need help understanding your bill?
Pittpalz's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, February 17th, 2014 9:43 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 Back-order in 2014?

Good Afternoon,

I am a new ATT customer and purchased a Samsung Galaxy 4 Active last week on Feb 10. I checked today one week later and still notice that the order is on back ordered. 

My questions is how long does it take for a phone that is on back order when it is not a newly released phone? I know the Active has been out for months and would understand if I was ordering it on its relase date, but this is not the case. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @Pittpalz Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting!

Some of our more popular phones sell out sometimes, especially during great promotions or sales, we try to fulfil any orders we get as soon as possible. Like logo412 suggested, you may be able to locate one at one of our corporate stores, it'll be the quickest way to get one, otherwise, it'll be shipped to you when it's back in stock.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Pittpalz, 

Many of our devices have been on backorder with the changes to our new Mobile Share Value plans as well as the $100 bill credits for new lines of service. Although I don't have any time tables, your order will be fufilled as soon as the device becomes in store. 

I would suggest checking with your local Company store and seeing if they have any in stock. You might be able to use our new Click2Store feature on the website to place your order and have it picked in store. 

Hope this helps!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the information, I guess I am simply disappointed with the whole process because I switch from Verizon and they sent you the phones the next day.

ATT seems to me, according to various google searches, bad in terms of order fullfillment in a timely manner. I hopeful to recieve in the next week or so.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Did you get your phone and how long did it take to get it? I ordered mine on the 16th of this month. It says will ship between 19th and 21st. Today is the 20th (February) and nothing yet. It does not say it is on backorder or out of stock but upon calling customer service they said they are waiting on a shipment and they get them everyday and sometimes every hour and will ship it out as soon as they do. So I guess I am really anxious for it, but I don't want to wait forever for it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I ordered my phone on 2/10/2014 around 10am. It was schedule to ship between 2/13 to 2/17. I actually recieved it today (2/20/2014). So it take 10 days to get from the time I ordered it. 

I would be happy, but guess what, I have to call customer service later on to get my phone activate because the SIM card was not activated. I currently just deactivated my Verizon so I have wait to my girlfriend to get home to call them. According to the set up instructions, since I am a new customer, my SIM card should be active and all I have to do is make a test call. Nope, not going to be that easy To make matters worse, I try with an agent online, was on with her for 1/2 hour, then she stated she couldnt help me. 😞

I hope you get phone soon because I had the Galaxy 3 and the phone is really great; but the way ATT has botch this process, I am starting to regret even switching. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I ordered mine on 2/14/14 with express shipping and it still says pending shipment.I have called and chatted with several employees who have all given me a different story.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Dont feel bad. I got the same thing with shipping as well. It seems as no one is on the same page. 

Heck, it took me 1 and 1/2 hours to get my phone activated last night. I had to talk to 4 different people and everytime I was put on hold a new person answered and had to give all the information again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I ordered mine on Feb 10 and have not received it yet either.

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

i ordered mine on 2/20/2014 and received it yesterday, 2/24/2014. Activated this morning...so far so good.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I ordered my S4 Active exactly 1 week ago, and it just barely changed to "shipped".

Seems they don't plan at all for any holidays, promotions, or sales, they just do whatever and if things run out, they just don't tell you, and hope you don't notice.  They never update the status online or automated phone to say backordered, you have to spend 15 minutes on the phone until you get with a CSR to tell you, only to find out, they never know how long the backorder is, and even if it was available in store, they can't switch it to in store pickup after it has been ordered.

Funny how I can order stuff from Newegg and other online retailers for Black Friday, Christmas, Feb 27, or any other day and have it ship the next day, year after year.  I guess it helps that they actually tell you if they are out of stock.  I have ordered at least 100 different things online over the last 10 years and have never had an order not ship out 2 days later at worst, 95% of the time its same or next day.

Note to ATT: It doesn't help to do overnight shipping if it takes you a week to send it out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.