For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Vwheeler78's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 9:35 PM

Closed

Roadside assistance

Will my roadside assistance cover me from my home to a repair shop?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I had a bad experience after calling for the first time when I received a flat around 9pm on the highway. We left them and signed up with AAA again. AAA, although pricey has the reliability behind it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I just had a similar encounter with them today for my mother and posted my complaint. No one called back. When I called to complain they alleged they called my mom 3 times back to back. Which obviously did not occur. I am waiting to hear back from the director of RA which I expect to hear from by Monday because of the weekend.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Where do I begin...

Called at&t Roadside Assistance just after 9:30 am on a Saturday morning, to arrange towing service.  Waited over 20 minutes, spoke to customer service rep who said she needed to find a provider and would call me back in 15-20 minutes.  Waited until 11:00 am then called back, was on hold for almost 30 minutes just to talk to someone.  Was told they tried calling me once, I stated I never received a call.  Was told they still hadn't found me a provider, was placed on hold. Finally at 12:00 pm was told they had a provider, but it was a 4 hour wait.  Was also informed we would have to pay an additional fee for the towing due to the distance of the tow, so we paid the fee. 

Waited until 5:30 pm, then called Roadside Assistance back, waited on hold again over 20 minutes to talk to someone.  Customer service rep informed me the tow company had 2 trucks break down and they forgot about me, it would be another 1.5 hours before they could get to us.  Driver called after 7:30 pm, said he wouldn't be able to meet us until 8:30 pm.  Arrived at meeting location, driver finally arrived after 9:00 pm.  He picked up the car, and was supposed to follow us to the tire shop.  Within 5 miles, the driver called my phone and said he needed to stop to put air in the tires.  (He was referring to the back tires, and considering we were in extreme cold temps understood that the tires had gotten low.)  He said he would meet us there.

We arrived at the tire shop, and proceeded to wait 1.5 hours.  (The shop was 20 minutes from the pick up location.)  We called the driver several times, and sent him a text.  After waiting 2 hours, no responses, we called Roadside Assistance and again waited on hold- this time for almost 30 minutes.  The customer service rep contacted the tow company, and reached the owner.  He stated that the driver couldn't find a place that had their air pumps on, because of the extreme cold, so he ended up putting the car down.  They planned to go pick it up "in the next few hours".  I asked why we weren't contacted, and why we were left to sit in below zero weather for over 2 hours.  He had no explanation.  He apologized and asked what was going on with the car.  We explained that we were having the front tires replaced (two flats).  For all of our troubles, he offered to have "a shop he knew" take care of the tires, we would only have to pay for the cost of the tires.  He stated they would have it done tomorrow.  I agreed that would be an acceptable arrangement.  He stated he would call in the morning between 7:00-8:00 am to let us know how much it would cost, and when we could pick up the car.

Sunday around 7:00 am I contacted Roadside Assistance to request a refund of the additional distance fee, because the car was never towed to the originally planned location.  The customer service rep placed me on hold, returned and asked me if the car was dropped off at the location.  I stated no, that's why I was asking for a refund because they never brought it to that shop.  In the middle of me finishing speaking, the tow truck owner interrupts and rudely states, "Is anybody going to listen to me?!"  I wasn't even aware the customer service rep contacted him, let alone patched him in on the call.  The rep nervously told me he was placing me back on hold.  When he returned he told me that Roadside Assistance was unable to give me the refund, that the tow company would have to.  The customer service rep stated he spoke to the owner, and it was agreed they would deduct the fee off the cost of the tires, and the owner would be contacting me soon to give me the total.  12:00 pm arrives, no word on what's going on with the car.  I called the tow company's phone line and left a message.  6:00 pm arrives, still no call back so I left another message.

Monday no return calls, my partner and I both try calling several times and left messages asking for a return call.

Tuesday still not a word.  I contact Roadside Assistance, they attempt to contact the tow company and are sent straight to voicemail.  Eventually on Tuesday the tell me at this point my only option is to report the vehicle as stolen.  I asked for the contact info for the tow company, to give to the police, they state the only info they have is the name and phone number.  I asked if they perform any checks of these companies before working with them, and how could they not have any additional info on them, was told they do not perform any checks and the only info they require is the name, phone number, and account number to send their payments to.

We called the police, met with an officer that evening and he filed a report for a stolen vehicle.  He informed us we needed to give the case info to Roadside Assistance, and let them know the police would be contacting them.  Roadside Assistance has been nothing but rude to me during this entire process.  When I called to inquire again about the refund, the customer service rep who was reading the notes on the account literally started laughing about it.  The manager I spoke with was extremely condescending and snarky.  The case is currently under investigation with the Auto Theft Unit.

I have removed Roadside Assistance from my plan, and would NEVER recommend working with them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Do you fix windows 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.