Roadside Assistance

Contributor

Roadside Assistance

I have had Roadside Assistance on my plan since I signed up with Cingular about 10 years ago, and my husband recently (about 2 weeks ago) added it to his line. However, we have not received any "welcome package" or even a simple "this is the number you call if you need Roadside Assistance". Without the number we are paying for a service we can't use. Can anyone tell me what the number is and about how long we should expect to wait to receive the "welcome package"? I feel like they should have sent us that number by e-mail or text since we started paying for service immediately. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8 (6,208 Views)
Teacher

Re: Roadside Assistance

You've had it on your line for ten years, but you don't know the number for it?

Message 2 of 8 (6,203 Views)
Highlighted
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author ladycatsinger
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Here is the welcome kit.  If you didn't receive it all you had to do was call ATT and ask and they should have been able to correct it:

AT&T Roadside Assistance Welcome Kit (PDF).

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/en_US/pdf/roadside_assistance.pdf

The easiest way to remember and get service is you just call from your cell phone.

From your cell phone:  #HELP 

From another line:  1-877-263-2600

Message 3 of 8 (6,202 Views)
Contributor

Thanks..I didn't know if the number had changed when Cingular changed to ATT.  I appreciate the info Planet-Ed

Message 4 of 8 (6,182 Views)
Professor

just a question, why didn't you call at&t to ask what the number was?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (6,164 Views)
Contributor

does Roadside Assistance require the GPS unit in your phone to be turned on? does it automatically detect where you are or do you have to tell them where you are? how does this work? what ifyou don't know where you are and you don't have the GPS app?

Message 6 of 8 (6,099 Views)
Tutor

Why would someone "WANT" to call customer service???  If I can get my answer on a forum like this, through email, or chat I would pick any of those over calling.  Who are you to question a Customer regarding their choice of communication to a company they pay for services?  Your response is one of the many reasons I would not call customer service unless I had no other choice.  I too, did not receive any information regarding Roadside Assistance so maybe we should all call customer service and drive up your hold times and handle times so yourr leadership won't get their bonuses.  Sounds like a plan to me!

Message 7 of 8 (4,684 Views)
Contributor

Mr. Kroppcircles wrote:

"

just a question, why didn't you call at&t to ask what the number was?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions."
 --------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Kroppcircles,
Here's a reason. My husband has a new phone that didn't have #HELP programmed in yet, I did not have it on my phone because I do not drive. All the ATT numbers we both tried are useless before 8 in the morning.

I just wasted precious time going thru ALL the various prompts (on both the regular customer service number and on #611, told the next available operator will assist me, THEN was asked for the last four digit of my social.  Only THEN did the recording inform me that it was off hours for customer service, to please call back.  Shouldn't that be the very first thing the recording says, that only automated inquiries can be answered at the time?

If ATT has a 24 hour working number or shortcut number (like Cingular did) to assist customers with any matters, I'd love to know what it is.  If they don't, shame on ATT.

He's sitting on the side of a very busy road, late for work.  Luckily I was near a computer since ATT forums do not act right on my phone. Using ATT's search only resulted in links trying to sell me the service, no matter how I worded the search terms.

I had to come to the forums to find the number to call.  If you add all our combined time,he'd been on the side of a very busy road for over an hour.  Now Roadside Assistance tells him they'll be there in another hour.  Lost work hours, raised blood pressure, aggravation at ATT for not being user friendly.

Not a good way to start our day.

Message 8 of 8 (2,065 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.