Need help understanding your bill?
DJKeens's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, November 10th, 2017 6:34 PM

Returning my old phone for AT&T Next

I received my new phone with all the material to return the old phone however there is no real protection for my old phone. Just the two air bags. My old phone will be loose in the box and more than likely will get damaged during shipment. How exactly do they expect me to return my old phone without damage?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

You are wise to notice.  Use packing to protect your phone.   

I’ve  seen a lot of posts where people got billed for broken phones.  Cover your butt!   

Take photos of the phone well packed and shipping label.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Hi lizdance40,

Thank you for the reply. I found it odd because the few times I've used AT&T Next to ship they usually send me a box for the phone itself, not this time. He told me to pack it with household items (newspaper, etc.) but I replied that if I did pack it myself, and it got damaged during shipping, then there is nothing to prevent them from blaming me for the bad job packing.

Regardless, I spoke with a representative and they told me that I could bring the phone to a corporate location. The picture idea is awesome, but putting it directly in their hands would alleviate my concerns.

Thanks all the same!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@DJKeens

Oh, they would still charge you even if the USPS is the one who mangles it in shipping.

I have bought and sold on eBay and Swappa.  Usually not shipping really expensive phones.  When I sold my Pixel on Swappa, I got nervous, so I insured this time.  Guess what?  Lost phone.  Lucky I had receipt for purchase and they sent my $500 

Murphy’s law......

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.